View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 GRAHAM BONNET - UPDATED AGAIN !!! 
Dr. X

Post GRAHAM BONNET - UPDATED AGAIN !!!
Friday, Sep. 24, 2004 at Paladino's in Tarzana, CA. 11:00 PM start time. Hope to see some of you there!! UPDATE!!

THIS SHOW IS NOW CONFIRMED!!!

Last edited by SATAN on Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

I'd rather sit through a William Hung concert than see Graham Bonnet. At least Hung's got more of a vocal range.

"I'm here to do two things, chew bubble gum and kick ass. And right now I"m out of bubble gum."

Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:12 pm
Dr. X

Uh...if that "more of a vocal range" comment wasnt a joke, then you really are deaf.

Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:49 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Lemmy has a better vocal range than Graham Bonnet, and he's better lookin' than Graham's guitar player! :wink:

September 24th is still a ways off. I'll try my best to make it.

Last edited by Jeff on Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:23 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

and he's better lookin' than Graham's guitar player!

Yeah, that dude is hideous. :D Sorry, Howie- Jeff made me do it.

Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:04 am
Profile YIM
Dr. X

Uh...if that "more of a vocal range" comment wasnt a joke, then you really are deaf.

It wasn't a joke. I never understood the draw of Graham Bonnet as a vocalist.

"I'm here to do two things, chew bubble gum and kick ass. And right now I"m out of bubble gum."

Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:03 am
Dr. X

If you dont like Graham's voice or singing style that's one thing, but to say he has no "vocal range" is ridiculous. He can sing extremely high. And at 56 years old still sounds as good as he ever did 20 years ago.

Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I'd rather sit through a William Hung concert than see Graham Bonnet. At least Hung's got more of a vocal range.

Your loss. A) Are you showing off your rock stupidity on purpose? B) Didn't your mother tell you, if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say it?

Just because you're the rock moron, doesn't mean you have to tell us. We would have gone on quite nicely through life not knowing your ignorance.

Enjoy the William Hung show.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Your loss. A) Are you showing off your rock stupidity on purpose? B) Didn't your mother tell you, if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say it?

Just because you're the rock moron, doesn't mean you have to tell us. We would have gone on quite nicely through life not knowing your ignorance.

Enjoy the William Hung show.

Boy, did I hit a sore spot or what. I pick item C) Being able to express my opinion.

The William Hung vocal range reference was meant as a joke. However, I would rather sit through one of his concerts than listen to one of Graham Bonnet's. At least I think I would be entertained. I never liked Bonnet's vocals and never will. And yes, I've heard plenty of him as I have some of his work with Alcatrazz and Impelliteri. This is just my opinion.

Maybe hijacking Satan's thread wasn't the best choice to express my opinion. For that I apologize. But to call me a moron because I don't like a singer is a bit moronic itself.

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:20 pm
Site Admin

Maybe hijacking Satan's thread wasn't the best choice to express my opinion. For that I apologize. But to call me a moron because I don't like a singer is a bit moronic itself.

DUH.

And for the record....you didn't say you didn't like his vocals....you said "I'd rather sit through a William Hung concert than see Graham Bonnet. At least Hung's got more of a vocal range."

Disrespectful and ignorant.

When you can hit his vocal range without using falsetto....Let me know, cause I'll buy your CD.

For the record...I've seen the show....it's REALLY Good, and I would definitely go again....but the REAL STAR of the show....Is Howie on guitar. He freaking smokes the Impelliteri, Yngwie and Blackmoore songs.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

And for the record....you didn't say you didn't like his vocals....you said "I'd rather sit through a William Hung concert than see Graham Bonnet. At least Hung's got more of a vocal range."

You're right, but i figured my analogy would have conveyed the same message. I guess it didn't and it was taken too literally. Maybe I should've said, "At least Hung's got more of a vocal style I can tolerate."

Quote:
Disrespectful and ignorant.

Do we really need to resort to name calling?

Quote:
When you can hit his vocal range without using falsetto....Let me know, cause I'll buy your CD.

Well, you just saved yourself some money, cause i couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, let alone put out my own CD.

Quote:
For the record...I've seen the show....it's REALLY Good, and I would definitely go again....but the REAL STAR of the show....Is Howie on guitar. He freaking smokes the Impelliteri, Yngwie and Blackmoore songs.

Now that might make me go. However, unless they come to the Detroit area, I doubt I'll ever see them.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:05 am
Site Admin

Disrespectful and ignorant

Calling someone ignorant isn't name calling. Look it up.

- Lacking education or knowledge.
- Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
- Unaware or uninformed.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Graham's voice is not for everyone...but he has an AMAZING vocal range. I love playing with the guy. But I highly doubt we will get out to Detroit soon.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Rainbow's Down to Earth CD. If you don't have it, get it! Graham kicks ass!

http://www.facebook.com/diatribute
http://www.facebook.com/whitelietheband

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:33 pm
Dr. X

Post UPDATE
UPDATE - THIS SHOW IS NOW UNCONFIRMED AND SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE POSTPONEMENT. MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW SHORTLY.

Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Chainsaw13 wrote:
Disrespectful and ignorant

Calling someone ignorant isn't name calling. Look it up.

- Lacking education or knowledge.
- Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
- Unaware or uninformed.

Cahinsaw13 OWNED!

Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:03 am
is the Siren's Eye

i would see this concert if it was in atlanta

Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]