View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Seen Kiss Friday! 
God Of The Sun

Post Seen Kiss Friday!
I seen em Friday night, it was my 2nd show and I must say, wow! Unbelievable show, everything was perfect.

I went in being a diehard Kiss fan that was REALLY against Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer being in there but left being ok with it..lol. I really hated the idea of it but as Kiss said many years ago, they will go on, original members or not because, "KISS is bigger than just the members." I think Paul said that.

Anyways, the show was excellent..Paul Stanley sounds better then he ever has. They opened with "Love Gun" which was really a cool suprise. The first song during the encore was "God gave rock n roll to you" and they had really vintage clips going on in the background and it was a really, really awesome moment. I got severe chills and it was just awesome, lol.

Poison also played, and they were really good. CC really suprised me this time in that he refrained from playing really crappy. Last time I seen em, he was a mess.

All n all, a unbelievable show.

Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

KISS is always great. The are entertainers, not musicians (Gene quote).

I am a die hard fan, too (all the collectibles) and I saw them with original members and replacement members. When Ace and Pete are obviously not into it, it really kills the show and, let's be honest, Eric and Tommy play the tunes perfect. I always thought Bruce's (Kulick) sound was too shrill for KISS.

As many times as I have tried, I just don't like "God Gave Rock And Roll To You". I guess even a die hard fan can't like all the tunes 8)

Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:34 am
God Of The Sun

As many times as I have tried, I just don't like "God Gave Rock And Roll To You". I guess even a die hard fan can't like all the tunes 8)

Yeah I know what ya mean...I've never been a huge fan of the verses and what have you, but the chorus and the end part where Paul speaks always hit me, lol! With the vintage clips it was amazing.

My best friend has a tonnnn of things(toys and what not)

Tommy and Eric were spot on, it's scary how good Tommy Thayer is at doing what he does. He really seems to "be Ace"...and with Eric you could just see that he really LOVED being there. Awesome stuff!

Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

They are coming here next month and I'm really thinking of going. I haven't seen them since '96 with Ace and Peter.

I'm glad it the show was good.

Jason

Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:25 pm
Motorman

Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:12 pm
God Of The Sun

It's worth seeing them. They sound tight and they all WANT to be there. They set list has some new (different, I should say) songs.

Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:05 pm
King Of The Monsters

hope they do farewell 5.0 in southamerica :lol:

Image Image

Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

They played Phycho Circus at our show, first time all tour. Umm...I heard em playing "Mr. Speed" during soundcheck so that might come up soon. They played a lot of different tunes...very cool.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

It would be good if all the members were together again, but ive read so many books, interviews and articles that make Ace out to be so unprofessional that its hardly surprising that it doesnt work.

Part of his contract on the first reunion tour was that he wouldnt drink or take drugs. ONe day, he wasnt ready for the bus so the tour manager went upstairs and found him and some girl naked and unconscious on the bed. Apparently he had so much he was lucky to be alive :? The author head Gene and Paul tearing strips of him in the changing room.

Mark

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]