View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Drummer RICHARD CHRISTY Lands Job On 'The Howard Stern Show' 
Viking Kong

Post Drummer RICHARD CHRISTY Lands Job On 'The Howard Stern Show'
It's Official: Drummer RICHARD CHRISTY Lands Job On 'The Howard Stern Show'! - July 1, 2004

Renowned heavy metal drummer Richard Christy (ICED EARTH, DEATH, CONTROL DENIED, BURNING INSIDE) has been named the official replacement for Stuttering John on "The Howard Stern" radio show. Richard, who received more votes than any other contestant via the "Get John's JOB!" voting web site, spent all of last week on the show and was considered a favorite to land the gig from the very beginning.

Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:28 pm
is O.H.B.

He has been sending in tapes for years.
I will miss him in Iced Earth but he always wanted to be involved in comedy .
Bobby is doing a great job as the new IE drummer . Everyone is happy :D

Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:15 pm
Site Admin

Surprisingly, there were like 4 of them, that did a great job. I LOVED Sal The Stockbroker impersonating Gary the Retard and calling Gary to say HE was the real Gary the Retard. It was priceless...and his impersonation was dead on...it was hard to tell who was the real one.

Regards,
Ken

Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

Glad to know the departure from IE was "good"

Image Image

Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Yeah, I voted for him. Cool drummer. Liked what I heard when he was in Death.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:17 pm
God Of The Sun

I heard.

Surprisingly, there were like 4 of them, that did a great job. I LOVED Sal The Stockbroker impersonating Gary the Retard and calling Gary to say HE was the real Gary the Retard. It was priceless...and his impersonation was dead on...it was hard to tell who was the real one.

It wasn't an impersonation. He was playing soundbites of Gary the Retard, back to Gary. Gary, being the retard that he is, didn't know he was arguing with himself.

Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:42 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

That took skill to piece that all together.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:51 am
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

Renowned heavy metal drummer Richard Christy (ICED EARTH, DEATH, CONTROL DENIED, BURNING INSIDE) has issued an "open letter" commenting on being named the official replacement for Stuttering John on "The Howard Stern" radio show. Richard, who received 31 percent of the votes on the "Get John's Job!" voting web site, spent all of last week on the show and was considered a favorite to land the gig from the very beginning. Christy's open letter reads as follows:

"Richard (Hey KC) Christy here, it definitely still hasn't sunk in that I actually won John's job! Winning today was a very surreal feeling, but then getting hammered by the other contestants quickly brought me back down to earth! Today was truly a dream come true for me and I was honored to stand next to all of the talented people who were finalists in the 'Get John's Job' contest. I would like to thank Howard and the gang for the opportunity to compete in this audition. I would like to thank my family, friends, all the Howard Stern fans, and all of my fellow 'metal heads' for voting for me! I would also like to thank my friends Tom and Omar for letting me stay with them while I've been in New York the past two weeks. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about the opportunity to contribute to the show! I have notebooks and hard drives full of ideas that I can't wait to present to Howard! It was also hilarious seeing Chaunce in a dress, but it was disturbing when he showed everyone his 'man worm' in the greenroom. It was also great when Sal rubbed Chaunce's hat in the crack of his ass, and then Yucko dipped his hairy walnuts into it! I also loved when Jeff the Drunk called in and was pissed at me! I wasn't feeling the drunken love from him this morning and I really hope that he doesn't speak for all drunks! Well, I'm not sure what more I can say about how excited I am! I love New York and I love 'The Howard Stern Show' and I am honored that I won the greatest job that I could ever dream of having! Thank You!"

Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]