View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Kuul SATCH Interview.... MV at the end!! ;-) 
Author Message
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:00 pm
Posts: 1552
Location: Japan
Post Kuul SATCH Interview.... MV at the end!! ;-)
He mentions Mars Volta at the end!! :twisted: 8)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/music/2004/06/satriani_interview.shtml


Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:29 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:50 am
Posts: 2112
Location: Newport Beach, South Caliente
Post 
joes awesome :roll:

damit, I want him as a teacher

_________________
"Thanks....Friendly message sent...prior to WMD." - Ken


Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
BOFH

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:19 pm
Posts: 2220
Location: UK
Post 
Emblazed wrote:
joes awesome :roll:


indeed he is :)

he signed my geeetar :D

Image

_________________
Eat a third of a Mars Bar a day.


Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:53 am
Posts: 24189
Location: Santiago, Chile
Post 
for me, best part was:

It's easy to talk about the classic guitarists like Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix and the like, but are there any modern guitarists who have caught your eye?

I can't remember all of their names correctly, but there are some great guitarists out there. Mathias Eklund from Sweden is pretty crazy. Really amazing.

There is another freaky guitar player called Ron Thal from New Jersey, who plays fretless as if it was no hindrance whatsoever.

I also love the guitarist with The Mars Volta (Omar Rodriguez-Lopez). These guys are all on on the fringe, but they are pretty amazing.

Specially saying RON THAL. He owns!

_________________
Viva Chile Mierda!

Image Image


Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:00 pm
Posts: 1552
Location: Japan
Post 
Guitarp77 wrote:
for me, best part was:

It's easy to talk about the classic guitarists like Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix and the like, but are there any modern guitarists who have caught your eye?

I can't remember all of their names correctly, but there are some great guitarists out there. Mathias Eklund from Sweden is pretty crazy. Really amazing.

There is another freaky guitar player called Ron Thal from New Jersey, who plays fretless as if it was no hindrance whatsoever.

I also love the guitarist with The Mars Volta (Omar Rodriguez-Lopez). These guys are all on on the fringe, but they are pretty amazing.

Specially saying RON THAL. He owns!


Amen to that man, and I caught him in the chat earlier this year for about 30min's on his site (before ITLIS? was released)!!!!.... I got to ask him alot of questions in between other members, and I asked him if he liked Richie Kotzen and he said he is awesome, lol!! 8) When you see Richie Guitarp77, tell him JOE said that!! 8) 8)

He also said his wife is a Black Belt in Goju Ryu (Okinawan Karate), and ZZ plays guitar very well!! 8)


Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:11 am
Profile
King Of The Monsters
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:53 am
Posts: 24189
Location: Santiago, Chile
Post 
PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
and I asked him if he liked Richie Kotzen and he said he is awesome, lol!! 8) When you see Richie Guitarp77, tell him JOE said that!! 8) 8)


I´ll do that!!! 8)

_________________
Viva Chile Mierda!

Image Image


Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:00 pm
Posts: 1552
Location: Japan
Post 
Guitarp77 wrote:
PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
and I asked him if he liked Richie Kotzen and he said he is awesome, lol!! 8) When you see Richie Guitarp77, tell him JOE said that!! 8) 8)


I´ll do that!!! 8)


Thank's brotha, and keep us posted on Richie's South American Tour!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)


Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:23 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:08 pm
Posts: 2379
Location: Montreal
Post Re: Kuul SATCH Interview.... MV at the end!! ;-)
PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:


Thanks for the link ....

_________________
http://www.eyeseenature.com


Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:53 am
Posts: 24189
Location: Santiago, Chile
Post 
PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
Thank's brotha, and keep us posted on Richie's South American Tour!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)


of cors...

have u seen him live?, does he rock? 8)

_________________
Viva Chile Mierda!

Image Image


Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:00 pm
Posts: 1552
Location: Japan
Post 
Guitarp77 wrote:
PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
Thank's brotha, and keep us posted on Richie's South American Tour!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)


of cors...

have u seen him live?, does he rock? 8)


Only on YG dvd's and the High Tech Rock Guitar which is AWESOME, I highly recommend it!!!!.... There's live footage in there (and he goes nutz!! :twisted:) and Richie is a fantastic teacher!!!!.... He covers some great exercises and techniques, plus he talks alot about his experiences and influences.... At the beginning of HTRG he plays an incredible jazzy / fusion piece that I have never heard!!!!.... Brilliantly played and it sounds incredible, I wish I knew the name of the song!! :?

So.... yeah, he ROCKS live!! 8) :twisted:


Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:36 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.