View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Megadeth Bass Player 
Motorman

Post Megadeth Bass Player
Is D.Ellefson in Megadeth?

Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:48 pm
Site Admin

Hard to say. You would think so, but then again he's got his full time gig with Peavey.

-Chad

Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:20 pm
Viking Kong

David Ellefson is in full throttle with his band F5...

http://www.f5theband.com

He actually said that he did not reject the opportunity to get back w/ Dave Mustaine though. This is from a Metal Sludge 20 Questions: "People think I said "no" when he approached me and that is not true. We talked several times and I was excited about the possibility of us making something happen together again. However, as you can now see, that didn't exactly pan out."

I doubt that he will be back in Megadeth any time soon, but we really cant see the future. Then again, I'd love Marty and Nick to come back as well; and I'd love it even more if those four came up with some music REALLY calling back to Countdown to Extinction.

I wouldnt be happier. :D

Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:42 pm
God Of The Sun

To me it's always seemed like the two Daves were constants in Megadeth while others rotated. Seems odd since Junior isnt there anymore. Hopefully he'll be back in sometime.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:42 am
is O.H.B.

David Ellefson is in full throttle with his band F5...

I doubt that he will be back in Megadeth any time soon, but we really cant see the future. Then again, I'd love Marty and Nick to come back as well; and I'd love it even more if those four came up with some music REALLY calling back to Countdown to Extinction.

I wouldnt be happier. :D

I think Nick is back in Megadeth now.

Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:51 am
is O.H.B.

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has revealed in an online posting at Megadeth.com that he has sent a copy of the new MEGADETH album, titled "The System Has Failed", to former drummer Nick Menza. Mustaine will meet with Menza in Los Angeles or Arizona to see if Nick "has got what it takes to play [the new] songs and to play the old stuff." Menza played drums on several MEGADETH albums during the '90s (1990's "Rust In Piece", 1992's "Countdown to Extinction", 1994's "Youthanasia", and 1997's "Cryptic Writings") before being ousted from the group and replaced by former SUICIDAL TENDENCIES/Y&T drummer Jimmie DeGrasso. The bassist position in MEGADETH's touring lineup will be filled by Jimmie Lee Sloas, the bassist that played on the new MEGADETH record, while the second-guitarist slot is wide open. "I am meeting with [former guitarist] Marty [Friedman] in Tokyo next month, but that is merely because I love, respect, and miss him," Mustaine wrote. "Although, I am gonna to talk to him about playing again. And for the record, he was interested; he is just hella busy with his [Japanese] pop career."

As previously reported, MEGADETH have selected "Die Dead Enough" as the first single from "The System Has Failed", due on September 14 through Sanctuary Records. The single will go to metal radio around July 19 and rock radio one week later. "The System Has Failed" was recorded at Phase Four studios in Tempe, Arizona and is set to feature cover artwork by Ed Repka. Joining Mustaine on the recording are Sloas and drummer Vinnie Colaiuta. Additional lead guitar tracks were laid down by former MEGADETH guitarist Chris Poland.

Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:10 am
God Of The Sun

Just curious, but where did that information come from? Blabbermouth? Because Dave has mentioned a few of those things on the 'Deth message board, but some of them are just coming out of nowhere to me.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]