View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Van Halen in Philly 
Dr. X

Post Van Halen in Philly
Was AWESOME, ole boyz kicked the shin dig off with Panama! the place was rocking! Everyone was ontop of things. Michael's solo was a litle short with the Jack Daniels bass... of course, and during the middle of it he whipped out a small bottle of Jack and downed it right there!!! He made a funny face... weiner can't handle his liquor...j/k Alex was hardcore all night, no mike portnoy, but still rocking none the less.

Sammy was on, and he did not look fat. He did where eagles fly, solo, and even cranked out a guitar solo, it was kinda sweet!!!!

now your all dying to know about Eddie right? Well he is ripped! but he is super skinny too and looks like something out of the living dead, cause you can see his ribs, he looks like he needs to eat more! About halfway through he whipped out a Frankenstein copy ( but it really looked like the real deal) and seeing that guitar almost brought me to tears, gave me hope in rock and roll.... that guitar stands for so much.

Though I had mixed feelings when he lit a cig and put it in his headstock. He smoked throughout the night. Being an ex-smoker, I was thinking," Damn idiot, has part of his tongue removed and started smoking again." Maybe he never quit.... I have no clue. But he has the heart of a rocker through and through! It Was worth the money!!

Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:37 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

OH, they played their three new songs... which was cool, but I am still bummed there are only three.......I know everyone else is too. I dont think I am going to buy the Album for this reason.

Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:38 pm
Profile YIM
BOFH

I would have loved to have gone... but hey, it's a bit far, so nevermind :roll:

Nice to hear that everyone was on top of things though... Shame about Eddie though :?

Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Does Eddie still play Eruption at his shows??

Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:15 am
Dr. X

yeah he ripped through eruption faster than I have ever heard or see on old videos.... almost as fast as Paul at one of his clinics, but not quite.

Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:20 am
Profile YIM
Godzilla

That guitar was Eddies original Kramer 5150 from the 1984-OU812 tours! It had a new neck on it because the banana headstock broke a couple of years back. :wink:

Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]