View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 saw eric clapton last night! 
Motorman

Post saw eric clapton last night!
and here's my review:

remember in the 60's in england, people would spraypaint "clapton is god" places? well this is how i feel right now!!(almost ) the night started out with the robert randolph and the family band as the opening act, whihc i think could've been a great show in itself. very good performers they were, working the croud like nothing.
but then they ended and out came the show! eric walked out, the crowds going freakin crazy, and they start out with some song that i actually haven't heard of but then they went into hoochie goochie man which is by far the best damn blues songs i've ever heard in my life. aftyer that they played some newer stuff like from reptile, me and mr. johnson, etc. whihc was good, actually the robert johnson stuff was really good! "me and the devil blues" "milk cow blues" were just some stuff they played. they played that standards like "wonderful tonight" and the like, but when they started playing "have you ever loved a woman" it was nearly over for myself that one song is the, and i repeat "the" best blues song ever made! then eric let the feedback roll on and guess what?

LAYLA!!!!!! now at this point, the crowd is going insane and they do the whole guitar solo, piano ending, and they roll into "cocaine". very kickass idea, indeed
that was the last song before the encore, and for the encore they came out and started playing "sunshine of your love" and the crowd is going crazy once again. after that they played "mojo" whihc was pretty damn cool as they extended everything to about like 10 min

and about doyle?

pretty good musician, plays guitar weird though. lefthanded but strung up right handed so the high strings are on the top and lows are on bottom. good slide player as well, one thing that i found kida weird was that he showed no emotion at all, that is until they played "have you ever loved a woman". he was making all sorts of weird faces and stuff. it was great.

overall, it was the best 2 hours i've spent ever. all of the musicians in the band are really good too, so no one's lacking in anything.

p.s. the robert randolph and the family band did this really cool stage act during their last song. all of the members switched between their instruments. so the pedal steel player switched to drums for a minute and the drummer switched to pedal steel and then the guitarist switched to drums and pedal steel player switched to bass(which was a very nice 6 string bass) and organ player switched to guitar and so forth with all of them. really good musicians/singers/etc.
but believe me, eric hasn't lost his chops.

you make me sick!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:56 pm
Godzilla

i'm going to see Clapton on the 4th, i wont be able to post my review til i get back on the 13 or 14 but am looking forward to the concert. same opening act also so i'm glad you put in a review for them too.
How long was Clapton's set?

Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:37 am
Motorman

clapton's set was about 2 hours long, could've been longer in my opinion but thats just because eric is awesome 8)

you make me sick!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]