View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Population 1 
Dr. X

Post Population 1
More funk from the master himself, although I love Paul Gilbert to death, he just doesnt have that funk like Nuno Bettencourt. Its an awesome album. I had to get it from someone in korea, it was way cheaper than getting it from cdnow. I'm listening to it as I write this, I'll review it more later, anyone else got it?

Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:48 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

I'm not a complete fan of Nuno's Mourning Widows works (which is why I don't really own any MW CD's, only Best of Nuno), but Population 1..I love the whole CD. Not sure why, but I think I can notice that Nuno's song writing and lyrics have matured more in this release (although honestly most of the time I pay less attention to lyrics) .
My favorites are probably Stiff, Sick Punk, and QPD..but really everything in that CD is good :).
I was trying to get the Korean copy since that one contains the Sick Punk video, but ended up with the Japanese one (although at the Korean price)..

Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:05 pm
Dr. X

Yeah I must say Stiff and sick punk are off the hook. The video for Sick Punk is ok, but i can't say much more than that. The song writing is awesome! He must be taking lessons from Gary! lol What is the coolest surprise on this album is the almost weird techno beat they pull off.... but he still has the funk man... I love it all.

Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:12 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]