View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ayreon - The Human Equation 
Motorman

Post Ayreon - The Human Equation
Quote:
"This is so awesome i almost can't stand it!"
                                                         -me

Fuckin' A! There is a lot to take in here-103 minutes! I followed the booklet the first time through, as there are a lot of lyrics and  11 singers on here!! All are simply phenomenal and if you dig interplay between differing ranges than this a must. Very deep and rich in content with smart songwriting, intriguing musicianship, perfect production work and well-thoughtout lyrics that form a emotional storyline. Not as rocking as you might expect but there are some hard bits throughout. Personally I'd have liked a bit more instrumnetal passages but after one listen I surely missed a lot. There isn't much Devin Townsend on here and actually in two of the songs his vocals seem outta place or maybe because they are too entwined with the music whereas the others voices are very clear.
The CD is like reading dialogue in a book-a man gets into a car accident and falls into a coma as a result of this. As his wife, best friend and father are waiting in the hospital room fearing for his life, he has to confront his past leading up to the present with the guidance of various emotions in his mind and fight them or give in to them. They are played by various singers depicting a certain human emotion: reason, love, fear, pride, passion, agony and rage.
A definete folk trait is present on this disc from non-metal instruments such as the flute, violin, cello and bassoon. Lots of keyboards too. Arjen plays some mighty guitar riffs and impressive melodies alongside the progressive, folky and psychedelic tunes.
Another very cool thing that caught me off gaurd. Disc two quickly tracks up so when the singing starts on "Day Twelve: Trauma" it is track 12 on the disc...so the days match the tracks. There is also a surprise at the end for those familiar with the other Ayreon discs.
Day Five Voices is just slaying me. Magnus Ekwall (Pride) has such a great voice. James LaBrie is fantastic on here! I never cared much for him with Dream Theater but on he he rules! Day Eleven love is a fitting first single. It is so charming. All three women are Ann Wilson level. Godesess!

This is one of those albums that are soooo damn good, it gets a listen once a day for months. It is THAT good.

READ :!: :!: :!:
5/5
4/4
5/5 out of this world
10/10  a favorite

Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

Post Re: Ayreon - The Human Equation
There´s certainly a lot of talking behinf this album.

It has sold very well on my store, the version with DVD seems to be awesome...

I heared both "Flight of the migrators", but, besides beign a good record, I didn´t found them as good as I was expecting...

Image Image

Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Guitarp77 wrote:
It has sold very well on my store, the version with DVD seems to be awesome...

As in sales or quality? It's not metal out the ass but you will not find a better selection of vocals on a CD this year!! I love it!
Listen to it everyday!

Most Americans are deaf to this stuff which is too bad. This is artistic perfection. I challenge anyone to find an imperfect review of this CD.

Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

speed1000 wrote:
I challenge anyone to find an imperfect review of this CD.

mY RocCKin HoME RewiEW; MY ReVIeW oF ThiS cD iS ThAT iT Is ImPeRFECTtttTt... 8)

To be honest I've never even heard of Ayreon before.

Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]