View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 2 More VH Tunes! 
Godzilla

Post 2 More VH Tunes!
Check them out on Melodic Rocks website for todays update:

www.melodicrock.com

Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:44 pm
Unt! I move topics!

Typical Van Hagar type stuff. Up For Breakfast is ok. Learning To See was nothing special IMO.

Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Thanks for posting. Direct links:

http://www.melodicrock.com/audio/VanHalen-UpForBreakfast.mp3

http://www.melodicrock.com/audio/VanHalen-LearningToSee.mp3

Mark

Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:55 pm
Godzilla

Typical Van Hagar type stuff. Up For Breakfast is ok. Learning To See was nothing special IMO.

A lot of people are saying the same thing! I am not really into the lyrics that much. Up For Breakfast really has the classic VH vibe to it. The quality of the recordings of these 3 songs sound like a couple of steps under Balance. That was the good stuff! :wink:

Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:57 pm
God Of The Sun

The quality isnt great because from the end of "Up for Breakfast" you can hear that it's recorded from the radio.

"Up for Breakfast" was alright. I didn't care for the chorus much at all. It just kind of went along. "Learning to See", however, I really liked. I thought the guitar solo sounded kind of jumbled and wished Sammy hadn't of screamed near the end like he did. Rather wished it had played out the chorus to finish it off instead. I might like it more than "It's About Time" though it's pretty even.

Hope if they do another album they do better, though I think they're headed in a fairly good direction.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:11 pm
Godzilla

I think that it will be better. The reason why I think this is because these guys have not played together in a while. Sammy always used to push Eddie to be better than he was, and if you noticed, FUCK and Balance were musically really awsome, so was Humans Being. When Sammy quit the music and the quality started to suffer. Now that Sam is back, he can challenge Eddie again. I would have to say that these 3 songs were thrown together in a hurry! Eddie mixed and mastered everything. Not too bad, but I just think some really amazing engineer needs to get in there and help Eddie out! They are on the right track.

By the way, Chad........I did some digging and I did find out that Eddies contract with Peavey did expire this month! I guess they are done for sure. I hope that you are right on the Soldano/ Bogner/ whatever!

Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]