View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:24 pm



Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 VH on E! 
Author Message
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 588
Location: St. David, IL
Post VH on E!
Man, they showed a clip of the last Van Halen rehearsal before the tour. It was really killer! They played Best of Both Worlds and Unchained in the clip, both of which were ripping versions!

Eddie had his hair tied up in a bun, wore cammo pants, and no shirt plus he was ripped. He looks all metal! If you put Eddie on stage with Zakk Wylde, you would think they were in the same band!

At vhforums you can download a video of the E! channel exclusive.

_________________
Racer X Rocks!


Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:45 am
Profile
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:34 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Post 
Can't find the download :?

Do you have a link?

_________________
I LIKE ROCK!


Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:30 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:09 am
Posts: 2835
Post 
Damn...I found the download, but it said I have to change the .htm type to .wmv. My problem is since the formatting, my computer hasn't placed the file types in the name of the file! I don't know how to change it anymore...

A-HA! Ok, I've gotten it to work now.

_________________
Hey, if I wanted to be ridiculed, I'd go home!

The #1 Queensryche Source
Image


Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:46 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 588
Location: St. David, IL
Post 
Metal Liberty wrote:
Damn...I found the download, but it said I have to change the .htm type to .wmv. My problem is since the formatting, my computer hasn't placed the file types in the name of the file! I don't know how to change it anymore...

A-HA! Ok, I've gotten it to work now.


Eddie looks Fucked Up! :roll:

_________________
Racer X Rocks!


Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:40 am
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:09 am
Posts: 2835
Post 
Yeah, the hair tied up thing doesn't work well for him. He'd probably look better if it was down like usual. Can't say he looks amazing, but that cancer probably took a lot out of him.

_________________
Hey, if I wanted to be ridiculed, I'd go home!

The #1 Queensryche Source
Image


Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:17 am
Profile
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:34 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Post 
Ok, you found the download, GREAT! But, where is it??? Got a link? :D

_________________
I LIKE ROCK!


Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:55 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:09 am
Posts: 2835
Post 
Danne wrote:
Ok, you found the download, GREAT! But, where is it??? Got a link? :D


Oh, here you go. See if this works for you. Im not sure if he still has it up, but you can try.

http://www.vhlinks.com/forums/showflat. ... o=&fpart=1

Thats should be the board post with the download in the first message.

_________________
Hey, if I wanted to be ridiculed, I'd go home!

The #1 Queensryche Source
Image


Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:26 am
Profile
Motorman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:34 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Post 
Metal Liberty wrote:
Danne wrote:
Ok, you found the download, GREAT! But, where is it??? Got a link? :D


Oh, here you go. See if this works for you. Im not sure if he still has it up, but you can try.

http://www.vhlinks.com/forums/showflat. ... o=&fpart=1

Thats should be the board post with the download in the first message.


Thanks!

_________________
I LIKE ROCK!


Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:58 pm
Profile
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 3:48 pm
Posts: 175
Post 
Whats up with the big metal pole comming outta the back of his guitar??i think its got the cable goin through it..what the hell??


Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:23 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
guitar_man666 wrote:
Whats up with the big metal pole comming outta the back of his guitar??i think its got the cable goin through it..what the hell??


It looks like it holds the cord far out from his feet so he doesnt step on it.

I dont think he was using a wireless.

He just stuck that thing in there.

_________________
- Ryan


Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:32 am
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 588
Location: St. David, IL
Post 
Ryan wrote:
guitar_man666 wrote:
Whats up with the big metal pole comming outta the back of his guitar??i think its got the cable goin through it..what the hell??


It looks like it holds the cord far out from his feet so he doesnt step on it.

I dont think he was using a wireless.

He just stuck that thing in there.


Its a midi controller for the keyboard stuff. He used it on the 1998 tour! :wink:

_________________
Racer X Rocks!


Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:29 am
Profile
King Of The Monsters
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:53 am
Posts: 24189
Location: Santiago, Chile
Post 
cool!!!

_________________
Viva Chile Mierda!

Image Image


Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 8625
Location: Maryland, U.S.
Post 
motrock wrote:
Ryan wrote:
guitar_man666 wrote:
Whats up with the big metal pole comming outta the back of his guitar??i think its got the cable goin through it..what the hell??


It looks like it holds the cord far out from his feet so he doesnt step on it.

I dont think he was using a wireless.

He just stuck that thing in there.


Its a midi controller for the keyboard stuff. He used it on the 1998 tour! :wink:


Man, I was waaaaay off :lol:

Still, that would be a good idea. I try looping my cord thru of my strap, but I still find ways to clumsily step on them. Maybe it's time to go wireless.

_________________
- Ryan


Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:26 am
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 588
Location: St. David, IL
Post 
He acctually had the yellow Midi cable wrapped around the guitar cable, so it looked like one big strand of cable. Had to of been heavey to carry around!

_________________
Racer X Rocks!


Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:55 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 2261
Location: Great White North, 'eh?!?
Post Re: VH on E!
motrock wrote:
If you put Eddie on stage with Zakk Wylde, you would think they were in the same band!


Um...

Yeah.

But damn, Van Halen is going to rule the WORLD!

-Chad

_________________
Chad Dyer
Naturally Wired Designs LLC
[email protected]


Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:07 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 2261
Location: Great White North, 'eh?!?
Post 
The unit that EVH uses is a cable management system. I saw it demo'ed at NAMM and it's really cool. Basically, it is a glorified "hardened" cable so you indeed don't step on it.

I don't know where the MIDI controller theory came from, since Matt Bruck said at NAMM that all the keyboard parts since the Balance tour are either played by Fitz (from Night Ranger) or sequenced and launched by Alex on a trigger.

-Chad

_________________
Chad Dyer
Naturally Wired Designs LLC
[email protected]


Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:11 am
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 588
Location: St. David, IL
Post 
Chad Dyer wrote:
The unit that EVH uses is a cable management system. I saw it demo'ed at NAMM and it's really cool. Basically, it is a glorified "hardened" cable so you indeed don't step on it.

I don't know where the MIDI controller theory came from, since Matt Bruck said at NAMM that all the keyboard parts since the Balance tour are either played by Fitz (from Night Ranger) or sequenced and launched by Alex on a trigger.

-Chad


Midi thing was something I heard from some gearhead a couple of years ago in a local music store.

_________________
Racer X Rocks!


Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:20 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 2261
Location: Great White North, 'eh?!?
Post 
motrock wrote:
Chad Dyer wrote:
The unit that EVH uses is a cable management system. I saw it demo'ed at NAMM and it's really cool. Basically, it is a glorified "hardened" cable so you indeed don't step on it.

I don't know where the MIDI controller theory came from, since Matt Bruck said at NAMM that all the keyboard parts since the Balance tour are either played by Fitz (from Night Ranger) or sequenced and launched by Alex on a trigger.

-Chad


Midi thing was something I heard from some gearhead a couple of years ago in a local music store.


Kinda makes sense...but I dunno how Eddie would trigger stuff, unless it was something so simple as a small button on the guitar or something. It could be!

-Chad

_________________
Chad Dyer
Naturally Wired Designs LLC
[email protected]


Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:08 am
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 588
Location: St. David, IL
Post 
On the 1998 MTV special I thought that it looked like there was some kind of a trigger on the long thing sticking out of the back of his guitar. Chad, since you said that the cable is a thick cable, it could have been something to support it on the guitar so just in case Ed stepped on it, it wouldn't come unplugged!

_________________
Racer X Rocks!


Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:59 am
Profile
Superhero

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:19 pm
Posts: 1729
Post 
Seems like more trouble than its worth to just stop him stepping on the cable.. Wouldn't he just use a wireless or at least tuck it under the strap?


Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:10 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.