View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Velvet Revolver, in concert 
Viking Kong

Post Velvet Revolver, in concert
My bro got back late last night from a Velvet Revolver concert here at the 9:30 Club. What he brought back with him was something I've wanted all my bass playing career. An autograph of the very first bass player who I would consider an influence, and to this day, has a big effect on my playing.

DUFF MCKAGAN

I am kicking myself for not being there to actually meet him... but until I do, that signed little piece of paper is going to be hanging up on my wall :lol:

My bro said that he got so close to the band, that he could slap hands with the members. In fact, he told me that Slash hung his hand out into the crowd, and gave him a big high five 8)

After the show, a gaggle of fans crowded around the tour bus and anxiously waited to meet the stars. ...only two came out. My bro said that Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan came out, but the rest of the band stayed inside the bus.

Needless to say, my bro was very disappointed at that. His sole inspiration for guitar for his entire musical career was and is Slash... so it must have been pretty damn SUCKY to miss the chance.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see until next time :?

Fri May 28, 2004 8:12 pm
God Of The Sun

Can you imagine sitting inside the bus and seeing someone trying to climb in through the window? :lol: That'd be a funny sight!

I love Slash and Duff. Really interesting guys.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Fri May 28, 2004 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]