View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New Van Halen Tune 
Godzilla

motrock wrote:
Xelatunes wrote:
Wow!!! On the VH radio network right now they're playing a "warm up" gig they did in some club somewhere and DAMN they sound GREAT as ever!!!...X

You mean the warm up gig for this tour? Which VH radio network are you talking about?

http://www.vhradio.com/listen.shtml

Thats an old one! Still really cool.

Sun May 30, 2004 11:28 pm
Dr. X

I think the tune kicks ass! Sammy is the frickin' man, he sings his tail off!
I am so happy they are working together again. I cannot wait to hear the other new tunes.

As for Ed not using the 5150 on the tracks, Peavey reps told my local shop that relations with Ed are not that great right now and he's been using the Soldano since the F.U.C.K. disc.

Mon May 31, 2004 8:13 pm
Site Admin

As for Ed not using the 5150 on the tracks, Peavey reps told my local shop that relations with Ed are not that great right now and he's been using the Soldano since the F.U.C.K. disc.

Yup. And he took in 4 Bogners last October. An Uberschall, a Ecstacy, and a couple Shivas.

-Chad

Mon May 31, 2004 9:03 pm
Godzilla

I wouldn't listen to to many reps from anyware. Eddie and peavey are not having any trouble! 5150 II combo is supposed to be released after Eddie road tests it this summer on tour. Also don't forget about the new 5150 II mini stack w/ 2 1x12 cabs. 8) Eddie is using the 5150 II through 3 5150 4x12s loaded with 25watt greenbacks. No Eventide, just a little reverb and delay when he needs it.

I wish that I had a way to record myself, cause I have recreated the new tone on the new tune. I plugged my 5150 II into a Mojave 4x12 loaded with G12H30s, used a Wolfgang standard, and thats it! With the right tubes(biased to normal standards) and right speaker it can be done..................if thats your thing! :wink:

The thing that never could get is why everyone thinks that the EVH tone is some secret thing?! I always thought the Eddie used top secret stuff that no one was supposed to know about. The early stuff was a 67 Plexi with a variac at 90 volts and a couple of Boss GE-10s for more distortion......plus the plexi was wide open!

On the FUCK album Eddie used the Soldano as a preamp only. The power amp stage came from his Marshall. The 5150 prototype was used on some of the solos. The prototype for the CAE preamp was used in conjunction with Eddies Marshall on the songs Spanked and The Dream is Over. John Suhr helped him out with that one. John told me that he wouldn't let Eddie keep it because it was just the prototype and Bob Bradshaw needed it for reference. Eventually the OD-100 head and CAE 3+ preamp came from that!

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:06 am
Site Admin

I wouldn't listen to to many reps from anyware. Eddie and peavey are not having any trouble!

LOL...evidently you weren't at NAMM 2003. Ask Ken about that. Matter of fact, next time you're in Meridian Mississippi ask Dave Ellefson (A&R) and James Brown (5150 designer) about it!

Bro, you may have to soon come to the realization that Ed may not have Peaveys on stage with him.

Stay tuned. Don't tell us we didn't warn ya.

-Chad

Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:46 am
Godzilla

motrock wrote:
I wouldn't listen to to many reps from anyware. Eddie and peavey are not having any trouble!

LOL...evidently you weren't at NAMM 2003. Ask Ken about that. Matter of fact, next time you're in Meridian Mississippi ask Dave Ellefson (A&R) and James Brown (5150 designer) about it!

Bro, you may have to soon come to the realization that Ed may not have Peaveys on stage with him.

Stay tuned. Don't tell us we didn't warn ya.

-Chad

I honestly hope to hell that you are right! Eddie does need a change in gear!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having a Soldano SLO or even a Modded Marshall by John Suhr would really be killer.

The reason why I say this is because Dave Friedman of rack systems built his rig for the current tour. A couple of other people had confirmed this too. You never know...............maybe it is some kind of smoke screen!

I guess the trouble with Peavey could have started with the whole NAMM thing a year back when Eddie wanted to renegotiate at the convention. Then he decided to leave a 1000 fans waiting at the booth. Wander if Peavey will dump him? They could always change the name of the 5150 to the Ultra Special or something like that!

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:59 pm
Viking Kong

If you were a guitar or amp company, you'd be dying to have Eddy sponsor you. :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:21 pm
Site Admin

Dude, trust me.

If you were a guitar or amp company, you'd be dying to have Eddy sponsor you. :lol: :lol:

A SOBER Eddie. What happened at NAMM ain't what you want.

-Chad

Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:38 pm
Godzilla

Ryan wrote:
Dude, trust me.

A SOBER Eddie. What happened at NAMM ain't what you want.

-Chad

Ya, Ed fucked up! I don't know though. Since Van Halen is going on tour, it would be a great opportunity for Peavey to get its name out again. Before they probably wouldn't have cared since Ed was an inactive endorsee. Now that he is acctive and the level of interest in the band is really high, it might not be the most wise thing to drop him! When the money starts rolling in, certain things tend to be forgotten. Its all about making money........................at both ends!

Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:51 pm
God Of The Sun

I wonder if there is any tension with Satch signing on with Peavey?

Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:17 am
Godzilla

I wonder if there is any tension with Satch signing on with Peavey?

Also, don't forget George Lynches new amp coming out this year. Supposed to be a non-master volume amp!

Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:52 am
Peavey won't drop Ed. But Ed is a spoiled dick. He thinks he invented the guitar..........

Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:01 am
Site Admin

Nothing wrong with your post...but I goofed up permissions to allow guests to post here. I've since turned it off.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2