View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 OZZFEST BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FRIDAY 
Unt! I move topics!

I'm not keen on Judas Priest, but the rest of the bands I'm psyched for.

A metal fan saying they're not keen on Priest is hard to comprehend. It's like saying, I really like Italian food but I'm not too keen on pasta. WTF? Look up heavy metal in the dictionary ... you'll see a picture of Judas Priest.

Fri May 14, 2004 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Regards,
Ken

Fri May 14, 2004 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Priest is one of the main reasons I'm pissed I can't make it to Ozzfest.

Sat May 15, 2004 12:54 am
Profile YIM
is O.H.B.

This just keeps getting better and better.
I paid $200.00 for 2 Camden, Nj tix and the Holmdel ones are $400.00

OZZY OSBOURNE To Offer 'Unknown' Band Chance To Perform At OZZFEST 2004 - May 14, 2004

Ozzfest's official web site has posted the first episode of "OzTV 2004", a Quicktime file (size 6.2 MB) containing a written message from Ozzy Osbourne. The message reads as follows:

"We interrupt your Friday for a very important announcement from the Prince of F**king Darkness…

"Do YOU have what it takes? Are YOU ready for your shot? I'm giving an unknown band an OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME to perform on the main stage at Ozzfest 2004 before tens of thousands of people and to have your performance filmed and shown before a worldwide audience.

"ARE YOU F**KING READY? I CAN'T F**KING HEAR YOU!!!

"Full details coming on Thursday May 20th 2004.

"God Bless, Ozzy Osbourne."

The next "OzTV" episode will feature UNEARTH at the "Headbanger's Ball" show from L.A., according to a posting on the Ozzfest web site.

Sat May 15, 2004 3:12 am
Viking Kong

Sat May 15, 2004 3:27 am
Profile YIM
is O.H.B.

DARKEST HOUR Confirmed For OZZFEST - May 15, 2004

According to a posting on the Victory Records web site, DARKEST HOUR have secured a second-stage slot at this year's Ozzfest. No further information is currently available.

As previously reported, DARKEST HOUR shot a video for the track "The Sadist Nation" during their show with CURL UP AND DIE on April 10 at Chain Reaction in Anaheim, California. "The Sadist Nation", which features a guest appearance by former AT THE GATES/THE CROWN frontman Tomas Lindberg, comes off the group's latest album, "The Cult Of The Sadist Nation", which was released a year ago through Victory. The CD includes additional guest appearances from Anders Björler (AT THE GATES, THE HAUNTED), Peter Wichers (SOILWORK) and Marcus Sunesson (THE CROWN).

Sat May 15, 2004 4:09 pm
Site Admin

lame

While I agree from "big announcement" standpoint.....it's A KILLER opportunity for some band.

Regards,
Ken

Mon May 17, 2004 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Yeah that's what I meant. Big gig- not a big announcement. At least for the fans.

Mon May 17, 2004 2:34 am
Profile YIM
Unt! I move topics!

BLACK SABBATH will reunite for the first time since 2001 for Ozzfest 2004, which begins July 10 in Hartford, Conn., a spokeswoman for the annual road show told Reuters on Tuesday (May 18).

Ozzfest co-founder and headliner Ozzy Osbourne will be joined by guitarist Tony Iommi and bass player Geezer Butler. But original drummer Bill Ward will be replaced by Mike Bordin, who backs Osbourne in his solo band.

Back in late March, BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi told Launch Radio Networks that a SABBATH reunion at this year's Ozzfest was not out of the question. "I've heard that rumor as well, and there is negotiations at the moment," Iommi said. "As yet, we've not reached a settlement, but there is talk about it. I think it's great, and I would've liked to have done it last year and the year before, you know, but we didn't."

BLACK SABBATH, with Ward on board, last played live during the 2001 version of Ozzfest.

In a recent issue of the U.K.'s Rhythm magazine, Bordin spoke about filling in for his "hero" Bill Ward for a number of BLACK SABBATH dates several years ago.

"I've been really, really into music since I was about eight years old, but when I first heard a BLACK SABBATH record, that was it — there was nothing else," Bordin said.

"The very next week, on April 6, 1974, I saw them on TV on the 'California Jam'. It was the most compelling, the most exciting, the most physical thing that I had ever seen — it was a revelation. I remember Bill as this big, crazy, giant hairy dude with red tights and no shirt. By the middle of the first song, you couldn't see him — it was just hair and flailing arms.

"When you look at Bill's style of playing, you have to look at it in the context of the giants around him. Geezer, Tony and Ozzy are like forces of nature, and to balance in between them and not be squished, you have to be a giant as well.

"Bill's playing is phenomenally individual and completely unique — nobody can play those songs like him. I was raised on BLACK SABBATH music and it was hugely important to me even before I started playing drums.

"Bill Ward is a prince of a human being and I feel honored to have had a chance to play in BLACK SABBATH with Ozzy, Tony and Geezer. It was my tribute to the man that wasn't onstage, but should have been…"

Tue May 18, 2004 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

Drummer Bill Ward will be rejoining his BLACK SABBATH bandmates at this year's Ozzfest after all. The following is Bill's official statement on the matter, as posted on his official web site:

"Dear SABBATH People,

"I have communicated to Sharon [Osbourne] that I will accept the proposal of 5/11/04 regarding me playing Ozzfest, and today I received a very positive response from her. At this time, I am taking this response as a move forward. This announcement is for the benefit of all those who these past few days have been so outspoken favouring and supporting me as a member of SABBATH. I personally thank all of you. To All SABBATH People On Earth - Rock & Shine."

Fri May 21, 2004 2:53 pm
Site Admin

I wanted Ozzy songs. I got ripped off last Ozzfest, when Ozzy bailed on Sacramento due to illness.

I've never seen Ozzy with Zakk. I've seen Ozzy play with Randy, Brad and Jake....I got totally FUCKED!!!

Regards,
Ken

Fri May 21, 2004 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

BLAH!!!

I wanted Ozzy songs. I got ripped off last Ozzfest, when Ozzy bailed on Sacramento due to illness.

I've never seen Ozzy with Zakk. I've seen Ozzy play with Randy, Brad and Jake....I got totally FUCKED!!!

Ken, stop complaining. At least you aren't paying for the show

My Camden, NJ tix were $100.00 each and looks like Holmdel will be $175.00 each as I didn't know about the presale until later.

I actually had pit tickets for Camden but chickened out so now I am 12th row.
these are actually the worst seats I have had for Priest as I am usually up front.
Oh well, hopefully they will do a headlining show in Phila

Fri May 21, 2004 5:50 pm
Godzilla

this from blabbermouth.net

Drummer Bill Ward will be rejoining his BLACK SABBATH bandmates at this year's Ozzfest after all. The following is Bill's official statement on the matter, as posted on his official web site:

"Dear SABBATH People,

"I have communicated to Sharon [Osbourne] that I will accept the proposal of 5/11/04 regarding me playing Ozzfest, and today I received a very positive response from her. At this time, I am taking this response as a move forward. This announcement is for the benefit of all those who these past few days have been so outspoken favouring and supporting me as a member of SABBATH. I personally thank all of you. To All SABBATH People On Earth - Rock & Shine."

YEAH!!
The original lineup together again after...4 years!
hope my ticket arrives, please arrive soon, please.

Fri May 21, 2004 6:53 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Location: Stuck in a world where weaknesses are sweet and many
Ozzy and $haron have been pissing me off for a long time now. First the Bob Daisley lee kerslake thing, and then the cancelling of his show here back in 01, now no Ozzy/Zakk?

Fri May 21, 2004 8:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Ken, stop complaining. At least you aren't paying for the show

My Camden, NJ tix were $100.00 each and looks like Holmdel will be $175.00 each as I didn't know about the presale until later.

I fail to see what money has to do with it. I'm walking out after Priest, whether I paid or not.

I wanted to see Ozzy songs, and that's the bill advertised.

Regards,
Ken

Sat May 22, 2004 1:51 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

i'm going for priest, i also have never seen priest, ozzy, or BLS. As a matter of fact i havent seen one band on the bill ever, but i paid 85 canadian for my shitty seats and i dont really care if ozzy doesnt play with zakk because the original black sabbath lineup is probably a once in a lifetime chance for me to see as is Priest. I am pretty sure the ozzy with zakk show would be enjoyable and frankly black sabbath grows weary with me after a while but i think for me i would rather see black sabbath. Cant wait to see BLS and i havent really listened to much superjoint ritual, but i think Priest is going to kick ass over sabbath.

Sat May 22, 2004 2:10 am
Godzilla

i got my ticket to ozzfest in the mail today, and i got my eric clapton ticket last week so i am kinda relieved that they came and i'm not waiting til the last minute.

Fri May 28, 2004 3:24 am
Site Admin

i think Priest is going to kick ass over sabbath.

Priest is going to wipe Sabbath all over the stage. I can't wait.

Regards,
Ken

Fri May 28, 2004 3:28 am
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

I plan on not getting there until the afternoon.
I don't really care for any of the second stage bands.
I saw As I Lay Dying last night . They opened for In Flames.
Everyone was asking - "Are there any lyrics to these songs?" It just sounded like he was making noises.
Is anyone getting there in the morning or are you just going for the main stage bands?

Fri May 28, 2004 2:19 pm
Viking Kong

I'm going to miss my nap on the grassy hill this year. :cry:

Sat May 29, 2004 3:38 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next