View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Dave weckl 
Superhero

PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
....And what is Chad doing surfing the Elevator Music section in the store?? :wink: Oh, I'm sure he "received" a copy from someone, lol....

No! I bought it in like 1992. Don't get me wrong, it's great drumming! I stand by my claim that is sounds like elevator music. That's why I can't get into Holdsworth or Ritenour or Gambale or any of those guys. They play their ASSES off and I respect them huge, but if I can't put a CD on and get into the song, then I'm not interested. It's just me. I come from parents who are rockers but love jazz. I'm a rocker who just doesn't.

-Chad

Thank's for the respect bro, I knew you respected their playing!! 8)

It's all good man!! :D

Tue May 18, 2004 12:58 pm
Viking Kong

....And what is Chad doing surfing the Elevator Music section in the store?? :wink: Oh, I'm sure he "received" a copy from someone, lol....

There's an ELEVATOR MUSIC section of the store?

I need to get me some of that ;)

Tue May 18, 2004 1:46 pm
Motorman

Chad, a stupid comment is a stupid comment. The best thing to do is to not say stupid shit.

Sat May 22, 2004 9:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

don't forget about Vinnie Caluta.......awesome.

Sat May 22, 2004 11:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Chad, a stupid comment is a stupid comment. The best thing to do is to not say stupid shit.

You really wanna have a go at this? I mean, do you really wanna?

If you're going to step up and throw out an opinionated comment, I expect you to come with a bit more zest than that. Christ, DeadRoman owns you in that department and you've been here longer.

Step on up.

-Chad

Sun May 23, 2004 1:05 am
Motorman

Chad, all you ever do is shoot your mouth off. Enough already. Bitch.

Sun May 23, 2004 1:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Chad, all you ever do is shoot your mouth off. Enough already. Bitch.

Damn, that was the easiest win yet.

Who's next?

-Chad

Sun May 23, 2004 2:41 am
Motorman

Go kiss Zack's ass some more, maybe he'll let you lap his nuts clean.
You can't win shit.

Sun May 23, 2004 3:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

F.U.
Go kiss Zack's ass some more, maybe he'll let you lap his nuts clean.
You can't win shit.

Are you trying to get banned?

-Chad

Sun May 23, 2004 11:42 pm
Motorman

Chad, you said step up. What did you expect? Sorry if i hurt your feelings.

Mon May 24, 2004 3:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Chad, you said step up. What did you expect? Sorry if i hurt your feelings.

No feelings hurt here, brotha man.

When I said step up, I said step up and make an argument, not step up to the playground and call people names. Not only did you lose the argument, but you demonstrated to the people here the level of competence under fire you posess. The Zakk comment was particularly my favorite in the over-the-top foolish department.

-Chad

Mon May 24, 2004 3:46 am
Site Admin

Gee...I stop reading a post about Dave Weckl about 15 posts ago.... and I come back to this??

WTF Shred....calling his post stupid? Did you spend time with 5 year olds to think of that one?

He's a great drummer....But it sounds like FREAKING ELEVATOR music...what's the big deal.

If you don't think it sounds like elevator music.....Say WHY....not just that the post is "stupid".

If someone posted about Alan Holdsworth....my comment....simply AWESOME guitar player...I hear it all the time at the Dentist office.

Regards,
Ken

Mon May 24, 2004 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

Ken, i have no problem with you. I just get tired of reading the "Toa of Chad" all knowing and wise Chad. If he were doing Dave's web site Chad would tell everyone how great he and his music are.

PS
i've gotten more than enough e-mails from Chad on this so we can leave the subjust alone if you like.

Mon May 24, 2004 12:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Ken, i have no problem with you. I just get tired of reading the "Toa of Chad" all knowing and wise Chad. If he were doing Dave's web site Chad would tell everyone how great he and his music are.

PS
i've gotten more than enough e-mails from Chad on this so we can leave the subjust alone if you like.

Yeah, now you're being nice. Bending to the pressure.

Bi-polar is bad, mmmkay?

You're unbelievable. I'd work for Weckl, but I'd still tell your elevator music lovin' ass that his music sounds like ON HOLD music. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Are you that upset that virtuostic music isn't dominating the music scene? Here's a clue: IT NEVER HAS.

Just because I work with somebody doesn't mean I'll be pimping it out even if I don't like it. I work with a few bands that don't really do anything for me, but I don't lie and say they're killer.

Take your defeat and just learn to be humble when you lose, Grasshoppa.

-Chad

Mon May 24, 2004 3:58 pm
Motorman

Yeah, now you're being nice. Bending to the pressure.

Bi-polar is bad, mmmkay?

You're unbelievable. I'd work for Weckl, but I'd still tell your elevator music lovin' ass that his music sounds like ON HOLD music. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Are you that upset that virtuostic music isn't dominating the music scene? Here's a clue: IT NEVER HAS.

Just because I work with somebody doesn't mean I'll be pimping it out even if I don't like it. I work with a few bands that don't really do anything for me, but I don't lie and say they're killer.

Take your defeat and just learn to be humble when you lose, Grasshoppa.

-Chad[/quote]

Here you go agian. First off i'm not going out of my way to be nice to anyone. I have nothing against Ken, from what little I know of him he's a good guy. You on the other hand are an annoying little boy. I listen to all kinds of music, not just "virtuostic" musicians. And all the great musicians that i do listen to have longer and better careers than your radio friendly boy bands you listen to. How many bands in the 90's are still around and touring the world, or just making a living selling thier own product. Not many! And if you did work for Weckl you would try to make him your new best friend. You would be telling everyone to check him out because he's your new client.
Bi-polar????? This is what i mean. No i'm not Bi-polar. You got into a discusion with a friend of mine on the forum and after he told you what he thought of your statements you said he needed Paxil. Your ignorant.

Mon May 24, 2004 6:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Here you go agian. First off i'm not going out of my way to be nice to anyone. I have nothing against Ken, from what little I know of him he's a good guy. You on the other hand are an annoying little boy. I listen to all kinds of music, not just "virtuostic" musicians. And all the great musicians that i do listen to have longer and better careers than your radio friendly boy bands you listen to. How many bands in the 90's are still around and touring the world, or just making a living selling thier own product. Not many! And if you did work for Weckl you would try to make him your new best friend. You would be telling everyone to check him out because he's your new client.
Bi-polar????? This is what i mean. No i'm not Bi-polar. You got into a discusion with a friend of mine on the forum and after he told you what he thought of your statements you said he needed Paxil. Your ignorant.

First off, it's you're ignorant. The contraction between the u and the r translates to you are, so let's get the definition of who's ignorant right out there.

To address your comment to the hypethetical "IF" Dave was my client, hell yes I would be telling everyone to check him out. That's how business on the internet works. Do you have any questions on that? It's pretty easy to comprehend.

Your comments about 90's bands and musicians are teetering right on the edge of the in-denial shred fan who's angry that the music doesn't sell in the US. I don't like it, but I'm not dwelling on that fact. Here's the deal: in my line of work, I love working with Racer X and Doug Stapp and Rob Balducci and Joey Tafolla-I get a huge charge out of it. However, the commercial artists like Jessica Simpson and Shania Twain affords me my salary. So on the one hand you have artistic integrity, but having your integrity while living in a cardboard box pissing in a pickle jar ain't for me, so I'll keep enjoying both styles of music industries, while continuing to make house and auto payments.

So essentially you're not pissed about Dave Weckl playing Dentist Office music, you're mad because of a Paxil comment that was pure sarcasm?

You need an outlet for your anger, Hulkster.

-Chad

Mon May 24, 2004 7:31 pm
Motorman

bla
bla
your
you're
bla
bla
bla
i'm tired of you, i hope your done......cause i'm going to go write some elevator music and have a great career like Weckl.

Mon May 24, 2004 8:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

bla
bla
bla
your
you're
bla
bla
bla
i'm tired of you, i hope your done......cause i'm going to go write some elevator music and have a great career like Weckl.

Then you should change your name to Elevatacuda.

-Chad

Tue May 25, 2004 12:11 am
Motorman

my elevator music would consist of killer pop hooks, memorable melodies, and killer solos. maybe you'll hear one someday.

Tue May 25, 2004 4:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

Elevator music has almost never consisted of memorable melodies. Good luck.

Tue May 25, 2004 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next