View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Dave weckl 
Motorman

Post Dave weckl
Yesterday i go to Dave Weckl concert,just incredible .I recommend any Dave Weckl CD :D

Wed May 05, 2004 9:03 pm
Site Admin

-Chad

Thu May 06, 2004 1:20 am
Viking Kong

Dave RULES!!! One of my faves but PORTNOY is still "God of the skins"...X :twisted:

Thu May 06, 2004 4:44 am
Superhero

Pretty good drummer for elevator music.

-Chad

He drums his ass off and if Fusion drumming is elevator music, then I hate to think what rock music is, lol....

Fusion drummers are some of the best in the biz!!.... Take Virgil Donati for example!! :twisted:

My fave rock / metal drummers are Dean Castronovo and Mike Mangini :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8)

Thu May 06, 2004 7:31 am
Site Admin

Chad Dyer wrote:

-Chad

He drums his ass off and if Fusion drumming is elevator music, then I hate to think what rock music is, lol....

Fusion drummers are some of the best in the biz!!.... Take Virgil Donati for example!! :twisted:

My fave rock / metal drummers are Dean Castronovo and Mike Mangini :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8)

Yeah, like I said. Great drumming for elevator music. I have one of Dave's CD's...great elevator music.

-Chad

Fri May 07, 2004 4:09 am
Superhero

PGM 10th KATTA!! wrote:
Chad Dyer wrote:

-Chad

Yeah, like I said. Great drumming for elevator music. I have one of Dave's CD's...great elevator music.

-Chad

Dave could drum circles around Linkin Park or any of those Nu-Metal bands out there.... :wink:

Seriously, he can!! :twisted:

Fri May 07, 2004 1:42 pm
Motorman

Sat May 15, 2004 4:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Superhero

shredacuda wrote:
That is a stupid comment Chad.........

Have you EVER heard him say anything nice about someone who is'nt a client of his???

Yeah man,

And to think I sent him Paul's cd with Benny and the Jets (still wrapped direct from the store here in Japan) on it, and I never got nothing in return.... He promised me some RacerX "shit", but after 5 emails of reminding him, (and him going: "WHAT!! Oh shit, give me your addy again!!") And I did this 5.... 5 times!!.... It's like he expected it.... It started off as a trade, and HE propositioned me for it!!....

Busy man he is....

I guess I'm too busy to check out this board anymore....

Later guy's, you all ROCK!! :twisted:

Sat May 15, 2004 2:30 pm
Site Admin

You guys are way too serious. Suck it up.

-Chad

Sat May 15, 2004 10:34 pm
Viking Kong

shredacuda wrote:

-Chad

Heh... but the instant we say something bad about a popular nu-metal band, you thrash us to pieces with "At least they're rich $$$." Come on, its not all about the money. Racer X certainly doesnt think that.

If they did, they'd dye their hair blue, de-tune their guitars until the strings sag to the floor, and go on tour with Ozzfest singing hit songs like "I Wanna Rip Yer Guts Out." :lol:

Sun May 16, 2004 2:13 am
Site Admin

Chad Dyer wrote:
shredacuda wrote:

-Chad

Heh... but the instant we say something bad about a popular nu-metal band, you thrash us to pieces with "At least they're rich $$$." Come on, its not all about the money. Racer X certainly doesnt think that.

If they did, they'd dye their hair blue, de-tune their guitars until the strings sag to the floor, and go on tour with Ozzfest singing hit songs like "I Wanna Rip Yer Guts Out." :lol:

I didn't insult Dave. I gave an opinion. There's a difference to me calling his music elevator music vs. some in-denial shred-head saying "Fuck Drowning Pool and their de-tuned nu-metal no talent music." You get what I'm saying?

I think everybody in this topic got a big touch of the candy ass that's going around. Normally you guys are pretty hardcore and take and give shit, but holy hell what happened?

-Chad

Sun May 16, 2004 8:43 am
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Sun May 16, 2004 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Ryan wrote:
Chad Dyer wrote:
shredacuda wrote:

-Chad

I didn't insult Dave. I gave an opinion. There's a difference to me calling his music elevator music vs. some in-denial shred-head saying "Fuck Drowning Pool and their de-tuned nu-metal no talent music." You get what I'm saying?

I think everybody in this topic got a big touch of the candy ass that's going around. Normally you guys are pretty hardcore and take and give shit, but holy hell what happened?

-Chad

I know what your saying. But... in all seriousness...

...when we give opinions on Drowning Pool and Limp Bizkit, and you always shoot them down!

Whether it is like "Those guys are playing trendy music, they're in it for the money." its still an opinion - and quite frequently, we get chopped to size for that!

Sun May 16, 2004 6:22 pm
Site Admin

Chad Dyer wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Chad Dyer wrote:
shredacuda wrote:

-Chad

-Chad

I know what your saying. But... in all seriousness...

...when we give opinions on Drowning Pool and Limp Bizkit, and you always shoot them down!

Whether it is like "Those guys are playing trendy music, they're in it for the money." its still an opinion - and quite frequently, we get chopped to size for that!

Gosh...I guess I better be careful not to hurt anybody's feelings.

-Chad

Mon May 17, 2004 3:22 am
Viking Kong

Mon May 17, 2004 3:24 am
Viking Kong

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?

Mon May 17, 2004 4:51 am
Site Admin

-Chad

Mon May 17, 2004 5:28 am
Superhero

is that why you dont post much anymore katta? :(

Mon May 17, 2004 5:37 am
Superhero

is that why you dont post much anymore katta? :(

Not really, but it does come to mind during these times, lol, at least he let me become a Mod as a payback I guess.... If you call being a Mod a payback, lol.... I was hoping for a signed copy of SOD like he promised,
but, eh.... :wink:

Guitar and my family are also keeping me away, lol, you gotta work the priorities in order, right!! :wink:

I still check in when I get a chance, and....

Dave Weckl kicks ass, and will drum circles around most!! :twisted: :twisted:

....And what is Chad doing surfing the Elevator Music section in the store?? :wink: Oh, I'm sure he "received" a copy from someone, lol....

Mon May 17, 2004 11:32 am
Site Admin

....And what is Chad doing surfing the Elevator Music section in the store?? :wink: Oh, I'm sure he "received" a copy from someone, lol....

No! I bought it in like 1992. Don't get me wrong, it's great drumming! I stand by my claim that is sounds like elevator music. That's why I can't get into Holdsworth or Ritenour or Gambale or any of those guys. They play their ASSES off and I respect them huge, but if I can't put a CD on and get into the song, then I'm not interested. It's just me. I come from parents who are rockers but love jazz. I'm a rocker who just doesn't.

-Chad

Tue May 18, 2004 4:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next