View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Manowar 
Motorman

Post Manowar
At first i thought they were some kind of viking tribute band or conan the musical, but i'm starting to like their music alot. Anyone else?

Wed May 05, 2004 2:43 pm
Dr. X

Yea not bad.. dunno about their artwork though.... bit dodgy album covers if you ask me.

Wed May 05, 2004 8:31 pm
Motorman

brothers of metal.......so good......so funny

Thu May 06, 2004 12:01 am
God Of The Sun

I saw them live back in the 80's...they are one of the loudest bands I've heard live....

Thu May 06, 2004 2:45 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Kings of metal
Not something I admit to often but they are one of my favourites.
They remind me of Spinal Tap on steriods... and I really think they actually believe all they say!
As far a guitar goes its not really amazing stuff but the music rocks. Eric Adams on vocals is one of Metals best. Joey Demaio does some really innovative things on bass... I cant really compare his playing to anyone.
Dunno if its still current but they used to hold the Guinness book of records for the worlds loudest band.
Members of the band have made some legendary rock quotes... Eric Adams whilst pointing to a chick in the crowd "Say you look familiar. Did we fuck last night?" Joey Demaio commenting on preparing for a manowar gig "you better strap your nuts to your leg or there gonna get blown off"
Their DVD's are entertaining but get a bit monotonus... drink beer, root groupies, play loud metal, move to next town, repeat.

Now the world must listen to our decree
We don’t turn down for anyone we do just what we please
Got to make it louder, all men play on ten
If you’re not into metal, you are not my friend

Fri May 07, 2004 11:03 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

Great band!, like some of their stuff, though, do not consider my self a "GREAT" fan of them.

Image Image

Fri May 07, 2004 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

I started listening to them over 10 years ago and i must say i still like them alot.

Allthough i now realize that they haven't got much technical ability as compared to the X or others - i doesn't matter. Songs are quite simple but good in my opinion.

Yes they look strange as hell: they had some appearences on german TV lately and this was silly bullshit - new record sucks ass and everybody looked like wearing a wig.

But still some good old songs which are straight on! The singer has a unique voice talent IMO. Yet strange but perfectly fits that genre their in.

If anybody wants to get an impression:

Animal, All men play on ten, Holy War, Heart of steel, Sign of the hammer, The gods made heavy metal, Wheels of fire, Defender, Blow your speakers, Hail and kill, Kings of metal, Metal warriors, Demons whip, The power of thy sword, Violence and bloodshed.

Again strange titles but i like it. The bass player is great!

Edit:

Btw i just recalled they were BIG in Germany years ago so that they even sang songs in german. ANd they promoted german Becks beer! The singer always bit in a full can of beer at each concert and tore the can appart.

Wed May 12, 2004 5:50 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Post Kings of Metal
Manowar Rocks. They are the last of a dying breed of men who play on 10, and have the chops, and songs to back up the talk. They work hard, they play loud, and they are LOYAL to their music, and fans. Joey is a great bassist, no question, Eric is an INCREDIBLE singer, and Scott is a fine drummer. I wish Karl played like Paul Gilbert, but then again I wish I played like Paul too... :twisted: Hail to the Kings of Metal. May the Hammer of Heavy Metal SMASH the ground of every arena in the world... except here in the U.S. where we have to endure "American Idol" and another Britney freekin Spears CD.... Somebody shoot me.
Scott
http://www.thelabmusic.com

Mon May 17, 2004 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

I actually got Triumph of Steel playing right now (1st track) it'll be a nice 28 minutes!!

Wed May 19, 2004 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]