View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Hangover Music Vol. VI 
Viking Kong

Post Hangover Music Vol. VI
The new Black Label Society album, 'Hangover Music Vol. VI' hit stores today. I picked it up, and it's a great sounding album(only track three as of now). It'll be interesting to hear some of these songs played live on Ozzfest this year....can't wait.

If you liked Book of Shadows....you'll LOVE this.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:38 pm
Viking Kong

It's a great album. I don't think he'll play mcuh of it at Ozzfest, however. I also picked up the new Drowning Pool & Machine Head. Best Buy didn't have the new WASP or I would've bought that too.

Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:42 pm
Profile YIM
Superhero

I'm looking forward to getting it this evening after work.

BTW, working late sucks! :(

JE

Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:14 pm
God Of The Sun

DarrOn...if I get a job at Albertsons, will I be able to buy as many CDs, DVDs, and posters as you? Minimum wage huh?? :P

Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:57 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

HEY!!!! You save A LOT of money with the Bonus Buys combined with the Preferred Savings card!!! :oops: :wink:

Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:55 am
God Of The Sun

It doesn't hurt to sell crack on the side either.

Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:30 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Close.....ass-crack. Sometimes those work pants droop...and, well......

Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:13 pm
Viking Kong

BTW...Looking at the thank yous in the booklet during class....who do I see, but none other than our resident poodle, Chad Dyer. Good going, sir.

Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:23 am
Dr. X

Very cool album! Zakk plays some great lead on this one(as always).

Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:34 am
Viking Kong

WYLDE, CANTRELL, LYNCH To Head Up 'Metal Clinic' At CROSSROADS GUITAR FESTIVAL - Apr. 28, 2004

Zakk Wylde (OZZY OSBOURNE, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY), Jerry Cantrell (ALICE IN CHAINS) and George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB) will be heading up a "Metal Clinic" the Crossroads Guitar Festival, set to take place Friday, June 4 through Sunday, June 6 at Fair Park and the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas.

In addition to spectacular concerts and once-in-a-lifetime clinics with some of the best guitarists in the world, the weekend will feature the Guitar Center Village including the Hard Rock Cafe's "50 years of American Rock and Roll" display, interactive booths from leading guitar manufacturers and Vintage Showcase "buy-sell-trade." Concerts begin Friday evening and continue into Saturday afternoon on multiple indoor and outdoor stages. The event will culminate with an 11-hour concert at the Cotton Bowl on Sunday.

Friday, June 4, the Guitar Center Village, located on the grounds of Fair Park, will open to the public at 4:00pm followed by a Blues Guitar Clinic and a Metal Clinic headed by Wylde, Cantrell and Lynch. A live performance, to be announced, is set to follow later in the evening.

Saturday, June 5, the Guitar Center Village will open to the public at 10:00am. The day's events include live performances on the fairgrounds by Neal Schon/Jonathan Cain (JOURNEY), Tommy Shaw/James Young (STYX), Del Castillo, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, Jonny Lang, Doyle Bramhall II, Eric Johnson, Dan Tyminski, J.J. Cale, John Mayer, Robert Randolph and an All-Star Blues Jam beginning at 9:00pm. An Acoustic Guitar and Shredders Clinic along with additional artist performances and open Q&A forums continue through the day.

Sunday, June 6, the Guitar Center Village will open to the public at 10:00am followed by the Picker's Corner Clinic featuring James Burton (ELVIS PRESLEY) and Marty Stuart. The festival will conclude with a concert at the Cotton Bowl Stadium beginning at 12:00pm. Artists scheduled to perform include Neal Schon, Steve Vai, Larry Carlton, Sonny Landreth, Vince Gill, Pat Metheny, Brian May, Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughan & Hubert Sumlin with Booker T, Bo Diddley, David Hidalgo, Joe Walsh, John McLaughlin, James Taylor, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan & BB King, Carlos Santana, ZZ TOP and Eric Clapton.

Tickets to each day of the Crossroads Guitar Festival are available through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets are $15 for Friday, $45 for Saturday and $60 for Sunday including all concerts.

The Crossroads Guitar Festival is the first event of its kind to create a unique bridge between fans and musicians through leading guitar manufacturer exhibits and guitar clinics. Attendees will be offered once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to be in an intimate setting with artists giving fans the ultimate look into their craft. This one-time event, created for music enthusiasts around the globe, will raise money for Crossroads Centre Antigua, the treatment and education center founded in 1997 by Eric Clapton.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:19 am
Profile YIM
Unt! I move topics!

Zakk plays some cool leads, but overall this CD not what I want to hear from Zakk. The sooner he gets back to the heavier shit, the better. This record is a total yawner. I really don't understand why he would release this under the Black Label Society name. (I felt the same way about the bonus CD from the live record ... zzzzz).

Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Zakk plays some cool leads, but overall this CD not what I want to hear from Zakk. The sooner he gets back to the heavier shit, the better. This record is a total yawner. I really don't understand why he would release this under the Black Label Society name. (I felt the same way about the bonus CD from the live record ... zzzzz).

I agree with you on one poitn...I don't know why this is a Black Label album. It should have been a Zakk Wylde solo venture, like Book of Shadows. And the more I listen to it...the more I think he should have found another singer. I mean I LOVE Zakks voice...it is perfect of Blessed Hellride....but on this...it just doesn't seem to fit.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:18 pm
Viking Kong

ah, you whiny bastards. :wink: Maybe next year.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:56 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

I don't know, guys....I'm diggin' the whole thing

Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:27 am
Viking Kong

I love it all, except for Whiter Shade Of Pale.

Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:25 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

I love it all, except for Whiter Shade Of Pale.

The vestle virgins line throwin' you for a loop?

Regards,
Ken

Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:53 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

The vestle virgins line throwin' you for a loop?

LOL. Nah, I don't like the way he sings it.

Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:19 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]