View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 ICED EARTH SOLD OUT 
is O.H.B.

Post ICED EARTH SOLD OUT
ICED EARTH: More Sellouts Announced - Apr. 16, 2004

The following dates on the upcoming ICED EARTH North American tour dates have officially sold out:

Apr. 28 - Montreal, QUE @ The Medley
Apr. 29 - New York, NY @ BB King’s
Apr. 30 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
May 02 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

The tour, also featuring CHILDREN OF BODOM and EVERGREY, begins Sunday, April 18 in Cleveland at The Odeon.

Glad I already got my Phila ticket. Can't wait to see them with Ripper

Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:47 am
is O.H.B.

ICED EARTH To Play For More Than Two Hours On Upcoming Tour? - Apr. 16, 2004

Someone claiming to be ICED EARTH bassist James MacDonough has posted a message on the ICED EARTH fan message board Iced-Realm.de regarding the band's current rehearsal sessions for their upcoming North American tour. It reads as follows:

"When I said I would keep you guys informed — I meant it! Our practice is coming together way better than I could have ever imagined. The chemistry between us all is incredible — in fact more so than anyone expected this soon into the project. We have a final setlist, which unfortunately will have to remain a secret until the actual tour starts — for obvious reasons. However, pause for effect, I can divulge the fact that we will be playing for at least two hours at every show and the second leg of our American tour will definitely have a different setlist than the first leg. So you can catch several shows and be assured a different program.

"Many of you have voiced concerns about [singer] Matt [Barlow]'s departure — but I guarantee that even though Matt will be missed for obvious reasons, once you see the new live show — there will be no reservations about the true calling of what ICED EARTH was meant to be and produce. There just is no way to explain or convey it — you have to experience it live. All I can personally say is that NO ONE WILL GO AWAY DISAPPOINTED!!!

"I think I can honestly go out on a limb an say that ICED EARTH, as a whole, has never been more proud or self-assured in the quality of what is being offered than what we have to present to you at this point in our career.

"This tour will be different than the second leg of the American tour-and in following suit, the overseas tours will also have their own agenda. Bottom line — no two tours will ever be alike in setlist and presentation.

"We will be looking forward to meeting all of you that we can — because without you, the fans, we are nothing. Like it used to be said in the old days, 'UP THE IRONS'!!! LET'S ROCK FUCKERS — THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT!!"

Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:48 am
Viking Kong

ICED EARTH: Tour Kick-Off Setlist Revealed - Apr. 19, 2004

ICED EARTH kicked off their North American headlining tour Sunday night (April 18) in Cleveland, Ohio. The following was the group's setlist for the inaugural performance:

01. Star Spangled Banner
02. Declaration Day
03. Burning Times
04. Angels Holocaust
05. Vengeance Is Mine
06. Violate
07. Melancholy
08. Green Face
09. Red Baron
10. When The Eagle Cries
11. My Own Savior
12. Dracula
13. Something Wicked (Trilogy)
14. Gettysburg
15. Iced Earth

The tour, also featuring Finland's CHILDREN OF BODOM and Sweden's EVERGREY, will hit Sauget, Illinois Monday night followed by Chicago on Tuesday.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:11 pm
Viking Kong

ICED EARTH Bassist: TIM OWENS Is The Best Vocalist I've Ever Worked With - Apr. 19, 2004

ICED EARTH bassist James MacDonough has posted the following message on the ICED EARTH fan message board Iced-Realm.de regarding the rehearsal sessions for the band's North American tour:

"Hey guys, This will be the last I'll be able to post for a bit so just bringing you up to date and answering a couple questions and ponderances.

"Jon's [Schaffer] back is doing a lot better and thanks for the concern, the extra weeks of rest did him justice but he's still working some kinks out.

"As far as the concern about Tim [Owens] singing the old stuff, well, you guys are in for quite a surprise if you are doubting. Myself and Jon included couldn't stop smiling during the duration of the practices, his voice is awesome and without a doubt the best vocalist I've ever worked with and heard period, and not just whistling 'Dixie' pardon the pun.

"Today is filled with packing up gear, labeling tons of shite, and the bus picks us up late this evening [Saturday, April 17].

"We're all looking forward to seeing you guys on the road and I have to say I've never been more excited about a tour than this one. This is the best lineup we've ever had, like I've said before.

"Also I couldn't care less about the negative comments a couple bad apples have posted, I just care about the real people and you know who you are, so in the future do us a favor and don't even acknowledge or take up space on the board defending me or us for that matter, although I do appreciate it. I think I'm talking more about the posts on blabbermouth than anything else.

"We appreciate all the support and will show you how much every night. None of us are reclusive so we will out and about every show.

"I'm really forward to playing with these bands as well, they are very talented, and it's a damn good package."

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:14 pm
Viking Kong

ICED EARTH's TIM OWENS: 'JON SCHAFFER Is The Nicest Guy That I've Met' - Apr. 17, 2004

Former JUDAS PRIEST/current ICED EARTH frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens told the Cleveland Free Times during a phone interview a few days ago that he plans on finishing a solo album when he gets a break from touring with ICED EARTH.

"I've written the music to it and it's a basic classic-type metal, PRIEST-meets-SABBATH type stuff," he said. "I'm going to have a bunch of [Ohio-]area musicians jam with me. I have enough material for the record already. I have about 10 songs done. The first step is to get the deal and then come back and start recording the record and maybe writing a few new tunes."

Tim also reiterated the fact that he was relieved when it was announced last summer that Rob Halford was returning to JUDAS PRIEST and Owens was out of a job.

"It's definitely worked out a lot better for me that Rob came back," he said. "I'm glad for the guys. It all happened without losing their friendship and just moving on in a good way. I needed to do something else for my career, and I think they knew it. PRIEST started to get where we weren't doing that much. I had a family, and if you go on a tour every four years, and you do an album every four years, it's hard to support your family."

According to Owens, he wasn't that surprised when Halford returned to PRIEST.

"It's something that had to happen," he told the Cleveland Free Times. "I think that PRIEST had to get Rob back. And Rob had to get PRIEST back. And I had to go do something else. But people were calling me like I died. I was just telling my wife, 'I really hope that PRIEST fires me because I'll never quit.' I'm ecstatic for them. I hope I'm in town in August to go see them. I know where their beer's at, and I'm going to go steal it."

Owens also defended ICED EARTH leader/main songwriter Jon Schaffer — whom he calls "probably the nicest guy I've met" — against criticism from fans who have misinterpreted lyrical message behind the group's new album, "The Glorious Burden".

"There's been some people from Europe and Canada who think this album is all pro-America," he says. "They don't understand that it's about history. There's more about American history than European history because we're an American band. It's not about how great America is."

With regards to whether he feels he's made the right decision by joining ICED EARTH, Owens said, "This album's sold 80 percent more than any ICED EARTH record in the past. It's almost up to 40,000 [copies sold in the U.S.]. It just came out in mid-January, and we haven't toured yet. If you get the singer from JUDAS PRIEST, that's going to help. But we have a new record label that's pushed it really hard. And it's a great record."

Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:15 pm
is O.H.B.

ICED EARTH: Tour Kick-Off Setlist Revealed - Apr. 19, 2004

ICED EARTH kicked off their North American headlining tour Sunday night (April 18) in Cleveland, Ohio. The following was the group's setlist for the inaugural performance:

01. Star Spangled Banner
02. Declaration Day
03. Burning Times
04. Angels Holocaust
05. Vengeance Is Mine
06. Violate
07. Melancholy
08. Green Face
09. Red Baron
10. When The Eagle Cries
11. My Own Savior
12. Dracula
14. Gettysburg
15. Iced Earth

The tour, also featuring Finland's CHILDREN OF BODOM and Sweden's EVERGREY, will hit Sauget, Illinois Monday night followed by Chicago on Tuesday.

This doesn't look like a 2 hour setlist
I am suprised they aren't doing the video song the Reckoning and where is the HUNTER? :cry:

Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:08 pm
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

They´re coming to Chile in October!

Yeah..they're calling that leg...Iced Earth in Iced Earth 2004. ;)

Regards,
Ken

Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:36 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

Guitarp77 wrote:
They´re coming to Chile in October!

Yeah..they're calling that leg...Iced Earth in Iced Earth 2004. ;)

Lol!
Strange, cause in October the average weather is 25ºc + - 8)

Image Image

Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

AHH FUCK IT SOLD OUT>>!! I was going to go to Philly to see it.. God damn it ... I might have to rush to Columbus to see it now.. and thats fucking far.

Looks like 2 hours to me..

Something Wicked is three songs, and Gettysburg is three songs.. So 21 songs total.. Not to mention Gettysburg is 32 minutes.. and Something Wicked is a good about 20 minutes.. so that right there is like an hour itself.. Plus all the other songs looks about 2 hours..

01. Star Spangled Banner
02. Declaration Day
03. Burning Times
04. Angels Holocaust
05. Vengeance Is Mine
06. Violate
07. Melancholy
08. Green Face
09. Red Baron
10. When The Eagle Cries
11. My Own Savior
12. Dracula
14. Gettysburg
15. Iced Earth

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:05 am
is O.H.B.

Here are some live pics from the Rave 4/23/04
http://www.therave.com/galleries/gallery-1484.asp

Darron, are you going to see them?

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:11 am
Viking Kong

Yes ma'am. May 20th, House of Blues LA....last show. I am SO stoked. I've been listening to Alive in Athens and The Glorious Burden almost nonstop this past week. I'll be getting 'Burnt Offerings' and 'Iced Earth' in the mail this week to complete my Iced Earth collection. Yes, I am going :wink:

Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:53 am
is O.H.B.

Yes ma'am. May 20th, House of Blues LA....last show. I am SO stoked. I've been listening to Alive in Athens and The Glorious Burden almost nonstop this past week. I'll be getting 'Burnt Offerings' and 'Iced Earth' in the mail this week to complete my Iced Earth collection. Yes, I am going :wink:

I am going tomorrow night to the Phila show.

BTW, you should have just gotten the 5 disc set Dark Gensis
It includes
Enter the Realm -demos
Iced Earth
Night of the Stormrider
Burnt Offerings
Tribute to the Gods - covers
It also has a really cool booklet

Also Iced Earth Alive in Athens 3 disc set . A MUST HAVE

Don't you think Matt Barlow looks like the Undertaker ?

Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:12 pm
Viking Kong

I did know about Dark Genesis until after I bought them all :evil: Pisses me off.

And yes...I DO have the three-disk live set. One of the best live albums of any band I have EVER had the immense pleasure of heraing. Hasn't left my player in over a week.

LOL...Now that you mention it...Barlow DOES look like Taker....lol.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]