View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Dokken DVD review 
Superhero

Post Dokken DVD review
I recently purchased Dokken's Japan Live '95 DVD and it is a disappointment. :( Where to start poor picture quality, poor sound quality and it looked like a pretty uninspired performance.

With all the talk lately about Jeff on tour with George I was jonesing to see George throwing down on the guitar, so I tried it. He plays everything well enough, but with the poor video and sound it really takes away from it.

Just thouhgt I'd give everyone a heads up on this, incase you were looking at getting it.

JE

Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:28 pm
God Of The Sun

Get Dokken's Live From The Sun DVD. Although it has Reb Beach instead of Lynch, it still smokes. My only complaint is the annoying added visual affects. Come on...it isn't a Greatful Dead concert!

Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:18 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

I can't STAND...artsy fartsy concert DVD's....I want the GOODS.

That's why I love the Racer X DVD....the only real artsy moment, is the intro to Godzilla with the triple split screen....and that one worked out ok.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:14 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

Get Dokken's Live From The Sun DVD. Although it has Reb Beach instead of Lynch, it still smokes. My only complaint is the annoying added visual affects. Come on...it isn't a Greatful Dead concert!

Man, Reb Beach really steals the show on that one...he´s playing is breathtaking!!!

BTW, "Japan Live 95" seems like a bootleg DVD instead of a pro one :shock:

Image Image

Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:56 am
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

Yeah Reb did definitely steal the whole show on that one. I thought it was an awesome dvd. :D

Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:20 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

that is an awesome dvd.....reb beach is one of the most under-rated guitarists around.......he definitely smokes on this dvd....................and i have to agree,unless you take acid the added affects take away from the show,but reb steps it up to balance it out......entirely worth the whole $8.00 that i spent on it.

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:14 pm
Superhero

There was one song in the extras on the Live Japan 95 from the DVD with Reb on it and it looked to be much better quality. I may have to get that. I've never listened too much to Reb, but he's obviously a kick ass player. I'll look into that.

JE

Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:18 pm
Viking Kong

Live Japan 95 is definitely for hardcore Dokken fans/collectors... Not one of their best performances but cool to have anyway... Weird thing about Dokken/Lynch, I've seen Dokken/Lynch Mob/ Goerge Lynch countless times through the years (arenas & clubs) and it never fails, George is ALWAYS having technical problems be it amps, cables, pedals, etc... Bad tech, bad luck, crappy equip, or ???...

Reb RULES!!! His tapping is SOOO "fluid"... Reb (and Rod Morgenstein) were the reasons I was such a huge Winger fan...X :wink:

Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]