View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 BLACK SABBATH Negotiating For OZZFEST Tour 
Viking Kong

Post BLACK SABBATH Negotiating For OZZFEST Tour
BLACK SABBATH Negotiating For OZZFEST Tour - Mar. 30, 2004

BLACK SABBATH are rumored to be reuniting for this year's Ozzfest, and according to guitarist Tony Iommi, a SABBATH set at this year's festival is not out of the question. "I've heard that rumor as well, and there is negotiations at the moment," Iommi told Launch Radio Networks. "As yet, we've not reached a settlement, but there is talk about it. I think it's great, and I would've liked to have done it last year and the year before, you know, but we didn't."

It is not presently clear whether BLACK SABBATH would be a new addition to the tour, or whether they'd take the place of OZZY OSBOURNE's solo set.

A BLACK SABBATH box set, called "Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)" comes out April 27. It comes with remastered versions of the first eight SABBATH albums, as well as a DVD with some live performances.

Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:27 pm
Godzilla

Post Re: BLACK SABBATH Negotiating For OZZFEST Tour
DarrOn wrote:
A BLACK SABBATH box set, called "Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)" comes out April 27. It comes with remastered versions of the first eight SABBATH albums, as well as a DVD with some live performances.

Bring on the remasters!

Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:57 pm
is O.H.B.

OZZY OSBOURNE: BLASKO Out, GEEZER BUTLER In? - Mar. 30, 2004

OZZY OSBOURNE has parted ways with bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson and has re-joined forces with his BLACK SABBATH bandmate Geezer Butler, reliable sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

Butler's return to OSBOURNE's band has further opened the door for a possible BLACK SABBATH reunion at this year's Ozzfest. OZZY is currently scheduled to headline the annual festival, with JUDAS PRIEST being billed as a co-headliner.

Speaking to Launch Radio Networks, BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi confirmed that a SABBATH set at this year's Ozzfest was not out of the question. "I've heard that rumor as well, and there is negotiations at the moment," Iommi said. "As yet, we've not reached a settlement, but there is talk about it. I think it's great, and I would've liked to have done it last year and the year before, you know, but we didn't."

Nicholson joined OZZY OSBOURNE's band in December as a replacement for Jason Newsted (VOIVOD, ex-METALLICA), who left the group after less than year due to undisclosed reasons. At the time, Nicholson told MTV.com about his new gig, "It's something I never would have imagined. After playing with Rob Zombie, I was ready to go, 'OK, this is as far as I'm taking this bass-playing thing. This is the end of the road.' I was ready to kind of hang it up.

"But when this came around, it was very odd," he added. "I was almost like, 'There is no possible way that this could happen.' "

"The first audition was a little intimidating, to say the least," Nicholson said. "Granted, I know Zakk and I've been on Ozzfest before. The situation wasn't uncomfortable, it was just intimidating, playing these songs that I had never played. But the second audition, I was a lot more prepared.

" 'Into the Void' is my favorite BLACK SABBATH song and Ozzy called it out," he continued. "At that moment, I realized, even if I don't get the gig, the fact that I got to play 'Into the Void' with Ozzy was the coolest moment of my life!"

Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:52 pm
Site Admin

I'd rather hear full OZZY sets with Zakk and full Judas Priest sets. If any of those are shortened for the sake of Black Sabbath...

BLAH!

Regards,
Ken

Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:33 am
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

ROB HALFORD: I Wouldn't Be Surprised If BLACK SABBATH Played This Year's OZZFEST - Mar. 31, 2004

Singer Rob Halford of the recently reunited JUDAS PRIEST, who are co-headlining Ozzfest 2004, told Launch Radio Networks that the idea of a BLACK SABBATH reunion at this year's traveling festival makes sense to him. "It's brand new news to me, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it happened," he said in an interview conducted Tuesday (March 30). "It just seems like, why wouldn't, why shouldn't it happen? But then, my God, can you imagine JUDAS PRIEST and BLACK SABBATH? It's just too mad to think about."

BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi confirmed to Launch Monday (March 29) that a SABBATH set at this year's Ozzfest was not out of the question. "I've heard that rumor as well, and there are negotiations at the moment," Iommi said. "As yet, we've not reached a settlement, but there is talk about it."

As previously reported, Ozzy Osbourne is believed to have parted ways with bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson and has joined forces again with BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler. The reported switch, which has not been officially confirmed, adds even more fuel to the recent rumors that BLACK SABBATH may appear on this summer's Ozzfest.

It's not clear whether SABBATH would actually replace Ozzy as the headliner, or if the show would be split between an Ozzy solo set and a SABBATH set.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:25 pm
is O.H.B.

OZZY Says He Believes Negotiations Are Underway For A BLACK SABBATH Reunion - Apr. 1, 2004

Ozzy Osbourne has confirmed in a radio interview that talks are underway for BLACK SABBATH to perform at this year's Ozzfest. Asked during an appearance on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" Wednesday night (March 31) if there is any truth to the reports that SABBATH are in negotiations to reunite for a headlining performance at the next installment of the traveling music festival, Osbourne replied, "I believe so." Ozzy did not confirm or deny the rumor that Geezer Butler was once again a member of his solo band (as reported exclusively by BLABBERMOUTH.NET on March 30), explaining that he didn't want to say anything because he wanted to avoid getting yelled at by his wife/manager Sharon. It is not presently clear whether SABBATH would actually replace Ozzy as the headliner of this year's Ozzfest, or if the show would be split between an Ozzy solo set and a SABBATH set.

Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:13 pm
Site Admin

if the show would be split between an Ozzy solo set and a SABBATH set.

I TOLD YOU....THEY FUCKING BETTER NOT!!!

Regards,
Ken

Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

Ruth wrote:
if the show would be split between an Ozzy solo set and a SABBATH set.

I TOLD YOU....THEY FUCKING BETTER NOT!!!

Kenny, you need to calm down. LOL

Seriously, I wonder if Priest will go on between Ozzy and Sabbath or what.

I just can't imagine Ozzy doing 2 sets.

Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:59 pm
Unt! I move topics!

I doubt Ozzy has the stamina to do two full sets every show. If Sabbath is added to the bill I'm sure it would significantly decrease the number of Ozzy solo tunes. Hopefully it won't influence Priest's set.

Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:26 am
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

Here are the set times I have for Camden, NJ
I hear they get the bands off and on the stage in 5 min. so Priest will probably only play an hour

Camden NJ Set Times:

SECOND STAGE
BLEEDING THROUGH 9:25 AM
NEVERMORE 9:50 AM
HIMSA 10:15 AM
ATREYU 10:40 AM
SKRAPE 11:05 AM
UNEARTH 11:30 AM
APARTMENT 26 12:00 PM
LACUNA COIL 12:30 PM
GOD FORBID 1:00 PM
EVERY TIME I DIE 1:30 PM
OTEP 2:00 PM
LAMB OF GOD 2:30 PM
HATEBREED 3:00 PM
SLIPKNOT 3:50 PM

MAIN STAGE
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY 4:30 PM
SUPERJOINT RITUAL 5:00 PM
DIMMU BORGIR 5:45 PM
SLAYER 6:50 PM
JUDAS PRIEST 7:55 PM
OZZY OSBOURNE 9:00 PM

Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:46 am
King Of The Monsters

Have NEVERMORE playing for 20 minutes???...pfff...

Image Image

Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:59 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I move topics!

If I were in charge ...

Nevermore 12pm
Slayer 1:30pm
Black Label Society 3pm
Judas Priest 5pm
Black Sabbath 7:30pm
Ozzy 9pm
All Star Jam 11pm

Secret after-party with Racer X ... 1am.

Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:51 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

i never been to ozzfest but wtf? whats with the such short sessions? 20 mins? wtf

Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I doubt Ozzy has the stamina to do two full sets every show. If Sabbath is added to the bill I'm sure it would significantly decrease the number of Ozzy solo tunes. Hopefully it won't influence Priest's set.

Ozzy did three three hour shows last year BEFORE the new meds.

Guys, this Sabbath thing comes up EVERY year, and EVERY year people run the rumors into the ground.

-Chad

Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:23 am
King Of The Monsters

Secret after-party with Racer X ... 1am.

That´s like the "cool" part of Ozzfest!

Image Image

Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I move topics!

Ozzy did three three hour shows last year BEFORE the new meds.

And BEFORE his near fatal accident and prolonged recovery. I stand by my original statement (which admittedly is conjecture on my part).

Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

I just saw Ozzy and Sharon on Larry King and he looked great.
He wasn't shaking or stammering at all.
They were on there to announce the return of the Osbournes show but also said that Kelly was admitted to rehab today

Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:45 am
Site Admin

Got an email from a guy I know. He wrote the liner notes in Metalogy.

Metalogy OUTSOLD Black Sabbath box set 2 to 1 the first week out. Which is why Clear Channel forced Ozzy to sing with Black Sabbath....so they could push BS box set.

Clear Channel is THE ANTI-CHRIST.

If you're an artist now.....YOU MUST work them. They're as close to a monopoly as you can get.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Got an email from a guy I know. He wrote the liner notes in Metalogy.

Metalogy OUTSOLD Black Sabbath box set 2 to 1 the first week out. Which is why Clear Channel forced Ozzy to sing with Black Sabbath....so they could push BS box set.

If you're an artist now.....YOU MUST work them. They're as close to a monopoly as you can get.

You got that right!!.... And that's why 90% of the radio stations suck!!.... I think it's fine time that George doubleya got involved!! :twisted:

Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]