View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Van Halen Announces Tour Info! 
Viking Kong

The face value of my Exodus ticket was $13. After ticketbastard bent me over, it was $22.

Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:30 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

They have nearly created a monopoly for the artist....they have the venues, the tickets, the radios...EVERYTHING.

If you say FUCK YOU to Clear Channel.....They can keep your song off the radio, over a beef on a concert.

It's really scary.

Regards,
Ken

Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Ken....San Diego holds the Clear Channel World Domination Headquarters...I say we go in there, 'Fox Force Five' style and take it out.... :wink:

Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:50 am
Site Admin

Regards,
Ken

Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:17 am
Viking Kong

Face value of my VH ticket for the Pond is $95... Paid $105 for it after ticketmasters $10 fee...

Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:04 pm
Viking Kong

Vocalist Sammy Hagar has spoken to the Contra Costa Times about the big 80-date tour VAN HALEN are kicking off next month. According to Hagar, who quit — or was fired from, depending on whose version one believes — the band in 1996, he had it in the back of his mind this day would come.

"I'm a psychic," Hagar said, referring to a 2002 conversation with the Contra Costa Times when he asserted, despite a nasty breakup resulting in years of silence with VAN HALEN, they would one day reunite. "It's like calling 1-900 Sammy."

"I ran into Alex (Van Halen), and we spent about 10 hours together, talking and having the time of our lives," Hagar said. "I just knew I'd see one of those guys somewhere, and it would either be '(Expletive) you, man,' or 'I love you, man.' We called Eddie (Van Halen) the next day, and it just came together."

"We still haven't really hashed (the split) out. We tried to talk about it, but some people have different memories about what happened. But we decided to leave it at that. We started out like it never happened."

According to Hagar, the new music is "vintage VAN HALEN with a modern twist" and is comparable to their first record together. "It's going good. The new stuff will blow people away. It's about time this happened."

"I'm going to take some time off after the VH tour," he said. "I think I'm going to reflect on everything. I can't say for sure what I'm doing next. I'm sure (the reunion) won't be a one-time deal, but I can't make any decisions right now. I'm going to play music the rest of my life. I'm doomed to be a musician the rest of my life." [Read more]

Thu May 06, 2004 5:21 am
Viking Kong

According to Hits Daily Double, the first single from the retooled, Sammy Hagar-fronted VAN HALEN will be "Up for Breakfast", one of three tracks produced by Glen Ballard. The other two are "Learning to See" and "It's About Time". All three cuts are expected to surface on the band's upcoming best-of set, tentatively due this summer. The band will kick off the first leg of their massive North American tour on June 11 in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Thu May 06, 2004 5:26 am
is evil...Evil Joe

I want them to come to friggin' calgary. Nobody good ever comes to calgary. :evil:

theofficialwebpage.tk

officially the coolest website ever!

Be forewarned, you might not share the same sense of humor.

Thu May 06, 2004 8:12 pm
Motorman

Ive mentioned this before Ticketbastard sucks. The pull your pants down over the price.

I got my G3 tix for june here in the UK, i tried to phone the venue directly (to cut out the middle man) a girl answered and i said i wanted tickets, i got put on hold and ticketmaster picked up. WTF???

Im not a cheap person, but i dont want to pay the 5 pound service charge then pay again for them to post the tickets to me. The thing is, at least here in Europe, there is a policy about domination of markets (im learning it for an exam :roll: ) and i dont get why they havent stepped in to stop this.

I dont know if he still does, but at one time the co-founder of microsoft (and ive forgotten his bloody name, Paul Allen i think) owned 45% of ticketbastard.

Mark

Thu May 06, 2004 8:33 pm
God Of The Sun

These guys got the gig as the opening band on the VH tour.
http://www.silvertidemusic.com/home.html
The music on their home page sounds kind of bland and generic to me.

Thu May 06, 2004 8:49 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Fri May 07, 2004 5:46 am
God Of The Sun

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Damn! I hope Eddie feels better than he looks.
The guy next to EVH is comedian Brody Stevens.

Mon May 24, 2004 11:36 am
Profile YIM
Superhero

Damn draw an X on his forehead and he looks like Charles Manson. :(

I hope he's better off than he looks too.

Jason

Mon May 24, 2004 12:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3