View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Van Halen Announces Tour Info! 
Godzilla

Whats up with the whole Internet presale ticket thing? I just joined Ticketmaster when I odered tickets to Aerosmith in Peoria. I am going to get tickets to Van Halen for St. Louis. Do you have to be a member for so long, or do you do it during the alotted presale time?

Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:50 pm
Site Admin

Ticketmaster is such a joke.....buying tickets in General, is such a scam.

If you're the first person to buy a ticket....You're still in the back....all the good tickets are sold to institutions...radio stations....you have no chance, unless you buy from a broker.

Regards,
Ken

Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Which is EXATLY what I'm doing. It will be DAMN expensive, but worth it.

Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:01 am
Godzilla

Every concert that I have ever been too I have been in the back! :x

I have a friend who does the whole advanced ticket thing and has no problem getting decent tickets. Maybe its just luck? I do agree that the radio stations get the really great tickets. I will have to settle for ticketmaster cause its the easiest way to go.

All I really care about is seeing my favorite band! They are the reason I started playing guitar in the first place. If I never had picked up the guitar because of EVHs music, then I would never had heard of Paul or Vai.......... and I wouldn't be talking to you people right now! Lets just say its been a life changing experience. I was pretty shitty before I picked up the guitar.

Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:58 am
King Of The Monsters

You choose: sit or stand up.

In both ways, who arrives first wins...I always choose to be stand up, cause I can jump and kick some ass :twisted:

Image Image

Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

VAN HALEN: Premium Ticket Packages Available - Mar. 30, 2004

VAN HALEN have teamed up with IloveAllAccess.com to put together the ultimate fan experience featuring a variety of premium ticket packages that will include guaranteed great seats and cool VH extras that you won't find anywhere else on the planet. These special concert packages will be available for selected upcoming tour dates beginning Tuesday, March 30 at 10:00 a.m. EST.

Click here to visit http://www.IloveAllAccess.com for complete details and pricing on these special VAN HALEN ticket packages.

Please note: Packages will not be available for purchase until Tuesday March 30 at 10:00 a.m. EST.

A tickets only pre-sale just for AOL members begins this Wednesday, March 31 at 4:00 p.m. local time. AOL keyword: VAN HALEN Presale

Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:29 pm
Viking Kong

Time to enjoy the Van Halen live experience IN STYLE.
Ready to rock? Good, 'cause you know the band is!

Each Four Star Package Includes:

1 Ticket in the First Twenty (20) Rows
Four Star Laminate

**Wear your Four Star laminate at the show for possible additional surprises.

Five Star Package

You're not just a fan. You're a fanatic.
There's nothing like it - the noise, the magic of being backstage while the crew runs around setting things up before a rock show. And you'll be there in the middle of it all. You'll be taken around as the riggers are in the rafters, the guitar techs get things tuned, and you are privy to Van Halen's inner sanctum. You'll even get a sneak peek of the show at Van Halen's sound check! Then, hang out at an exclusive party having a bite, having a drink, and collecting your special Van Halen package of goodies. Finally, it's out front to your seat in the first 10 rows while Eddie, Alex, Michael and Sammy rock you harder than you've ever been rocked before!

Each Five Star Package Includes:

1 Ticket in the First Ten (10) Rows
Five Star Laminate
Backstage Tour**
Pre-Show Party**
Soundcheck
Early Visit to the Merchandise Stand
Exclusive Van Halen T-shirt
Tour Program

**Five Star usually starts at approximately 4:30pm on the day of the show. You will receive a full itinerary via Email, closer to the show date. To attend, you may be required to sign a waiver and release of liability.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:02 am
Viking Kong

They haven't listed the prices on these packages yet for L.A. but I know the 4 star package in Hershey PA. is going for $175... If the 5 star package is double that I'd be willing to pay it... HELL YEAH!!!...X :wink:

Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:05 am
Godzilla

I just ordered my AOL presale tickets. I will be at the St. Louis show! I am so pumped for this!!!!!!!!! I have never seen them in concert in person before.

Anyone else going to the St. Louis show? There is going to be a vhforums meet up at the show. We need to have a Racer X forums meet up! 8)

I almost did the whole 4 Star deal, but my new Credit Card didn't arrive until today! :evil: I tried it for the AOL presale a couple hours after I activated it and it didn't work, so my parents used theres. That sucked ass! I am happy with what I did get though! :D

The new single is supposed to hit the airwaves in a week or two. Its called: ITS ABOUT TIME
Kind of ironic huh?! :wink:

Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:09 am
God Of The Sun

The new single is supposed to hit the airwaves in a week or two. Its called: ITS ABOUT TIME
Kind of ironic huh?! :wink:

I thought so too. Hopefully these new songs lead to a new album. One can always hope! :D

The #1 Queensryche Source

Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:05 pm
Viking Kong

Ok looks like the 4 Star package is $175 and the 5 Star package is $375... I'm going to go for the 5 Star package, after all it's VAN HALEN!!!

Any of you L.A. guys going after these package deals??? And of the 2 dates here in L.A. I'm going to try for The Arrowhead Pond show in Anaheim, Staples Center has SHITTY sound when it comes to concerts, it's a better sports venue than concert venue... X :wink:

Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:30 pm
Godzilla

If they add any dates in the fall and Peoria, IL is on it then I WILL get the $375 access pass! 8) I have AOL presale tickets. Hell, they are not the greatest in the world, but at least I am acctually getting to see my favorite band live for the first time! :wink: :D

Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:24 pm
God Of The Sun

Whats the difference between the 4 star and 5 star package, besides 200 dollars and one star?

The #1 Queensryche Source

Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:16 pm
Godzilla

Whats the difference between the 4 star and 5 star package, besides 200 dollars and one star?

The 5 STAR gets you:

1 spot within the first 10 rows
View Soundcheck
Preshow Party (w/ food! 8) )
Backstage Tour
Free Shirt
First shot at gift merch. stand

Sounds good to me! :D

Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:50 am
Site Admin

Read Motrock's reply....but add in...the difference between 4 and 5...is 4 is 1 ticket first 20 rows and only a chance at some surprise. Whereas, the 5 star has all the backstage, pre-show stuff.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

If the other people that are going with me could have afforded it, we all would have got the 5 Star package! I WILL do it if they come somewhere close!

The way I see it is this:

If you are a music fanatic in general, you really like Van Halen a lot, and you thought this was a once in a life time chance (YOU NEVER KNOW WITH THESE GUYS!) then I say do it. If you are someone like me who has never really been to a show of this magnitude....... it is an experience of a lifetime! Some of you guys have probably seen some really huge and fantastic concerts over the years, so this might not be as big of a deal. Once you have experienced it, it may not be as exciting the 3rd time........hell even the 10th time for some people!

Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:47 pm
Viking Kong

Let me just say that trying to get one of those "package deals" FUCKING SUCKED!!! :evil: :x Friggin IMPOSSIBLE!!! It's like trying to get through to a radio station on the phone to win a pair of tickets and the line is ALWAYS BUSY!!!! Needless to say I wasn't able to get in on the premium deals before they sold out... I even tried for San Diego shows, Oakland, Fresno, Sacramento, etc... and came up EMPTY!!! Guess I'll see what I can get this Sunday when the regular seats go on sale through ticketmaster... :roll: :x :evil:

Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:51 am
Site Admin

Strange...some of them still say the 4 star is still available.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

I've had the best luck finding tix in the parking lot on the night of the concert. Sometimes I end up purchasing tix for face value because the scalpers just want to get rid of them. I just take a print out of a seating chart with me for reference.

I've never seen a show at Staple's or The Pond (where VH will be playing in So. Cal.) , but they're both huge venues, holding at least 15,000 to 18,000.

http://www.facebook.com/diatribute
http://www.facebook.com/whitelietheband

Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:45 pm
God Of The Sun

I've had the best luck finding tix in the parking lot on the night of the concert. Sometimes I end up purchasing tix for face value because the scalpers just want to get rid of them. I just take a print out of a seating chart with me for reference.

Same here, slut :wink: You're crazy to buy from Ticketmaster. The last time I saw Van Halen on the "Balance" tour at Irvine Meadows, I bought 2 tickets in the parking lot for $50 each, and ended up about 20 rows back, dead center.

Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:50 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next