View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Its Official: Van Halen to hit the road... 
Viking Kong

Post Its Official: Van Halen to hit the road...
VAN HALEN has released a video trailer confirming that it will tour later in the year, with the first tickets scheduled to go on sale on January 10. The two-minute clip (see below) — which was shot on November 14 at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California — apparently features visuals of the VAN HALEN bandmembers performing a brand new song (taken from the yet-to-be-released track's official video) set to the audio of several David Lee Roth-era VAN HALEN classics.

VAN HALEN's new record deal with Interscope was finalized last month and marks the first time the band has recorded away from Warner Bros. Records, which signed the group in 1977.

The new VAN HALEN album, its first with Roth since "1984" was released on the last day of 1983, will reportedly come out in 2012, possibly in February (as the graphic below seems to suggest).

ALTER BRIDGE guitarist Mark Tremonti recently said in an interview that he had gotten an opportunity to hear new VAN HALEN music through his friendship with bassist Wolfgang Van Halen (guitarist Eddie Van Halen's son), saying it sounded like "vintage VAN HALEN."

Producer Ross Hogarth spoke with Ultimate-Guitar.com about the work he did on the project, saying, "The whole VAN HALEN record has been recorded and we're all excited. I'm really stoked about it, as it is the original band, Eddie and Alex with Wolf playing bass, and David Lee Roth singing, it's the killing side of VAN HALEN at the top of their game again with Diamond Dave, and the band on fire."

VAN HALEN reunited with Roth in 2007 for a successful year-long reunion tour — minus original bassist Michael Anthony, who now plays with ex-VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar in CHICKENFOOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL7kp2zzcs4&feature=player_embedded

:chew:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:47 pm
King Of The Monsters

Post Re: Its Official: Van Halen to hit the road...
That is AWESOME news...

We´ll see how much it lasts, and hope Ed has his shit together and takes advantage of this "new" chance VH has been given.

Image Image

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:00 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

meh.

lets piss all over our reputation part two.....

old fan since 1986.
see ya

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:57 am
Viking Kong

I hope this reunion is the right one.
Not another one of those semi-aborted train wrecks.

I really love Van Halen... so I'm both excited and worried.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:08 pm
Viking Kong

Acid Wire wrote:
I really love Van Halen... so I'm both excited and worried.

You & me both, kid.
I'm really not expecting much, so if I'm blown away, I'll be very happy!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 am
Viking Kong

I'm not expecting all that much either. We'll see how it goes, anyway.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:17 pm
Viking Kong

According to the usually reliable VAN HALEN fan site Van Halen News Desk, VAN HALEN will announce the first details of its upcoming tour on January 3, with tickets set to go on sale a week later. The band's much-anticipated new album — which will be the band's first with original singer David Lee Roth in 28 years — will arrive on February 7, with the first single and video set to premiere on January 10.

A two-minute trailer for VAN HALEN's upcoming tour, which was shot on November 14 at the Roxy nightclub in West Hollywood, California, can be seen below. The clip apparently features visuals of the band performing a brand new song — but all you hear on the clip itself is audio of several David Lee Roth-era VAN HALEN classics.

The November 14 shoot was reportedly for a video for the song that the band is seen but not heard playing in the tour announcement clip.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 pm
Viking Kong

:shock: Wow......can you imagine the pressure to have to keep your mouth shut.......

From the staff at The Roxy.....

For the past 2 months VAN HALEN has been rehearsing here 2-3 times a week!!!!!!

Do you have any idea how hard that was to not tell you?? When you come in at 10:00AM and David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, and Wolfgang Van Halen are on stage with 3 other people in the room playing “Running With The Devil” and you can’t say anything?! It’s tough, to put it simply.

It all began with a 3 day video shoot for their newest single that you don’t know about yet (shhh) and we were all geeking out like never before. Little did we know, the guys had fallen in love with the room and decided to rehearse for their upcoming unannounced tour for the next 2 months!

We couldn’t film it for obvious reasons, so we’ve decided to share some of our favorite VH moments that happened for the next 2 months.

“My favorite Van Halen moment was when I came out of the kitchen and they were doing Panama. I was one of the only people standing in the room by the stage. David Lee Roth looked at me, smiled, and waved. I thought to myself “that is the only time in life I will know David Lee Roth was actually singing to me.” – @LizzyDStadler

“It was so nice being at my desk listening to “Jump” & “Panama”, the songs I grew up with by the actual Van Halen. I mean, really – it’s the actually f**king Van Halen!” – Tina

“Watching David Lee Roth film the opening part of this video was one of the most awesome things. He was standing there smiling with a gigantic grin on his face for at least 5 minutes and HeKo & I were standing off to the side trying not to laugh (or get in the shot), but it was incredible. The week they finally brough in the synthesizers and played the opening to “Jump” over & over made it really difficult to not jump out of my seat accordingly with the song. JUMP!” – @toneyeah

“What was my favorite part about it? Everything. I know it sounds stupid, but I can’t put it any other way. To walk through the club and have Eddie Van Halen smile at me or pat me on the back, the guys were so nice, it was unbelievable. In my 9 years at the club, this is by far one of the best things that’s happened.” – Scotty

“The positive energy VH brought to the daytime was fantastic. During the day, it’s always so quiet and work, work, work and even when a band does rehearse, it’s always so serious. Van Halen was having fun the entire time and we could feel it throughout the building.” @Heko310

“I just loved the first time they played “Running With The Devil” it sounded exactly like it did when I was working box office at The Whisky.” – Kathy

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:19 am
Viking Kong

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:02 pm
Viking Kong

They look like they're having fun... hope it's not just a marketing image they're trying to convey.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 pm
Viking Kong

:shock: :shock: :shock:

According to RollingStone.com, VAN HALEN will perform at the Cafe Wha? in Greenwich Village, New York City this Thursday. It is rumored that the band will play a 45-minute set at the 250-seat venue, which was once owned and operated by VAN HALEN singer David Lee Roth's uncle Manny Roth, providing a stage to then-up-and-coming acts such as Jimi Hendrix, Bill Cosby, Bob Dylan, Richard Pryor and many others.

VAN HALEN recently gave fan site VHLinks two exclusive videos of the band reminiscing about Eddie Van Halen's old Volvo and judging wet T-shirt contests back in the Seventies. The site also says that a "trusted source" tells them the band has been "busy booking rehearsal space and hotel rooms for the band and their crew for [this] week in NYC."

VAN HALEN will announce the first details of its upcoming tour on January 3, with tickets set to go on sale a week later. The band's much-anticipated new album — which will be the band's first with original singer David Lee Roth in 28 years — will arrive on February 7, with the first single and video set to premiere on January 10.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:15 pm
Viking Kong

In the photo: (L-R) Alex Van Halen, Wolfgang Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Iovine, Chairman, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, Irving Azoff, Executive Chairman of Live Nation Entertainment and Chairman and CEO of the Front Line Management Group, Steve Berman, Vice Chairman, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, David Lee Roth and Jim Urie, President and CEO, Universal Music Group Distribution. (Photo by Roth’s main photographer, Robert Yager).

Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:34 pm
Viking Kong

more on Thursdays NY gig...

Journalists across New York have been invited to a Van Halen concert at the Cafe Wha? in Greenwich Village this Thursday. Though nothing is official, word is the band are going to perform a 45-minute set. The group hasn’t played in public since the end of their 2007/’08 reunion tour with original frontman David Lee Roth, though they have been rehearsing for their upcoming world tour at the Roxy in Los Angeles for the past few months. A new album is in the works, and a new image released by the band has the date 2.7.12 on it. A new video and single is expected to hit sometime this month. The tour goes on sale January 10th.
The 250-seat Cafe Wha? may seem like an unlikely place for Van Halen to launch their new tour, but the club has an important family connection to David Lee Roth. His uncle Manny Roth owned and operated the venue, providing a stage to then-up-and-coming acts such as Jimi Hendrix, Bill Cosby, Bob Dylan, Richard Pryor and many others.

While the Van Halen camp has been extremely quiet about the band’s plans for 2012, they recently put up a giant billboard in Times Square and teaser footage showing the band rehearsing at the Roxy. They have also given the fansite VHLINKS two exclusive videos of the band reminiscing about Eddie Van Halen’s old Volvo and judging wet T-shirt contests back in the Seventies. The site also says that a “trusted source” tells them the band has been “busy booking rehearsal space and hotel rooms for the band and their crew for [this] week in NYC.”

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Viking Kong

According to the Van Halen News Desk web site, VAN HALEN's new single will be titled "Tattoo" and it will premiere on January 10. The band's much-anticipated new album — which will be its first with original singer David Lee Roth in 28 years — will arrive on February 7.

VAN HALEN's upcoming tour will kick off next month in Louisville, Kentucky, with tickets set to go on sale on January 10.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 pm
Viking Kong

Wow....."Kool and the Gang".... REALLY ?!?!?!?! :roll: :roll: :roll:

According to MelodicRock.com, the deluxe-edition version of VAN HALEN's much-anticipated new album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", will contain a bonus DVD featuring four brand new acoustic-performance videos titled "The Downtown Sessions" including the songs "Panama", "You And Your Blues", "You Really Got Me" and "Beautiful Girls".

"A Different Kind Of Truth" track listing:

01. Tattoo
02. She's The Woman
03. You and Your Blues
04. China Town
05. Blood and Fire
06. Bullethead
07. As Is
08. Honeybabysweetiedoll
09. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

"A Different Kind Of Truth" is now officially confirmed to arrive on February 7 via Interscope.

The first single and music video from "A Different Kind Of Truth", called "Tattoo", will arrive next Tuesday (January 10). A pre-order is available at Amazon.com.

The set will be the group's first all-new collection since "Van Halen 3" was issued 13 years ago, and its first with singer David Lee Roth since "1984".

VAN HALEN returned to the stage for the first time since the end of its 2007/2008 reunion tour on Thursday night (January 5) when the band performed at the tiny Cafe Wha? nightclub in downtown Manhattan.

The setlist for the evening's show stuck to VAN HALEN classics from the six albums of the initial David Lee Roth era, with the exception of a tune called "She's The Woman". That song originally appeared on the 1976 demo, produced by KISS bassist Gene Simmons, that got VAN HALEN their record deal with Warner Bros. It was left off the group's 1978 debut but has been resurrected for the new disc.

The capacity crowd at the 250-person club mostly consisted of press and members of the entertainment industry.

Roth at one point introduced his uncle, 92-year-old Manny Roth, who used to run Cafe Wha? and introduced a young Bob Dylan to the stage decades ago.

At the same time, VAN HALEN released details of its upcoming North American tour, which will kick off on February 18 in Louisville, Kentucky. Tickets for the tour will begin going on sale January 14. KOOL AND THE GANG will open for VAN HALEN on selected tour stops.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:17 pm
Viking Kong

New (old) Van Halen - "She's The Woman" (has a very "Mean Streets" feel to it)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzNNg9ALr8w&feature=related

tons more stuff from last Thursday nights show already on youtube, rather than post all the links I'll let you guys go hunting...... :wink:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm
Viking Kong

Xelatunes wrote:
New (old) Van Halen - "She's The Woman" (has a very "Mean Streets" feel to it)....

Interesting that you made that comparison because parts of the original version of "She's The Woman" were actually recycled later into Mean Street.

Here is the 1976 demo version(produced by Gene Simmons). Notice the part from 1:22 - 1:40 and then again at 2:28 - 2:39, which became part of Mean Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndQ6mhEEa1c

My favorite unused track from that 76 Gene Simmons demo is Woman in Love (not to be confused with Women in Love). I just love the solo on that track, it's so "1970s" and so "Un-Eddie". 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrD4kptlHhg

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:34 pm
Viking Kong

Xelatunes wrote:
"A Different Kind Of Truth" track listing:

01. Tattoo
02. She's The Woman
03. You and Your Blues
04. China Town
05. Blood and Fire
06. Bullethead
07. As Is
08. Honeybabysweetiedoll
09. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

"Bullethead"?
If I remember, that's a REALLY old tune! A good one, though.
I remember hearing that when I posted that thread of old, rare VanHalen 'youtube' tracks!

Same goes for She's the Woman too, I think.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:43 am
King Of The Monsters

Here is the new video for the song "Tattoo"...

I found it to be a very boring song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfQ-hV3WtA

Image Image

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Its a "good" song.....not their greatest but it fits with the likes of "me wise magic" (the last studio recordings w/Roth), etc... I dig it...... :chew:

there are already SOOOO MANY haters talking shit.....its rediculous :roll: :evil:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next