View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Van Halen Disc due in 2011 
Viking Kong

Post New Van Halen Disc due in 2011
VAN HALEN ALBUM NO LONGER "JUST RUMORS"!:
Press Release / "Warner/Chappell Music has extended its administration agreements with two original members of the legendary rock band Van Halen, Eddie and Alex Van Halen. Under the agreement, Warner/Chappell will continue to administer their catalog of works.
The Grammy Award-winning Van Halen was formed in 1972 in Pasadena, California and released its first album in 1978, quickly becoming one of the most influential rock bands in history. In 2007, after more than three decades dazzling audiences with their energetic performances and establishing their catalog of songs as one of the most enduring in the history of popular music, Van Halen was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
With 11 studio albums, Van Halen is the 19th best-selling group of all time in the U.S., according to the RIAA, with more than 56 million albums sold in the U.S., 10 of them certified platinum or multi-platinum, six albums that reached No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and two of them, "Van Halen" and "1984", achieving diamond certification. Van Halen has been nominated multiple times by the American Music Awards and, in 1992, won "Favorite Heavy Metal/Rock Album" for the album "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge".
"It's fantastic to continue our relationship with Van Halen, which is one of the most enduring and successful partnerships within our roster of songwriters," said Scott Francis, President, Warner/Chappell Music, and Chairman and CEO, Warner/Chappell Music U.S. "Since its inception, Van Halen has written driving melodic rock songs performed in groundbreaking style."
During its more than three decades as a band, Van Halen has featured a number of different lineups and three different lead singers, and throughout has produced a string of multiplatinum albums that contained numerous No. 1 singles, including "Jump", "(Oh) Pretty Woman", "Why Can't This Be Love?", "Humans Being", "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Me Wise Magic".

Most recently, the band toured with founding brothers, Eddie and Alex Van Halen, its original lead singer, David Lee Roth, and Eddie's son, Wolfgang, playing bass. The group is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:04 pm
God Of The Sun

Post Re: New Van Halen Disc due in 2011
OH FUCKIN' YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

God, please let this be good.

The hype has been around for a long time, now.
They'd better deliver. :?

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 pm
Motorman

I'm not going to get hyped up, because I don't want to raise the expectations for this album in my mind...

BUT FUCK YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:14 am
Viking Kong

I'm both scared and aroused.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:33 am
God Of The Sun

I dont think it will be world changing

Eddie has lost it a bit over the years

and Dave is no spring chicken

but it will be new van halen material :D

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:35 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

Another new album from a classic band!

That is good.

Hope the album lives up to the expectations!

Image Image

Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Guitarp77 wrote:

I don't think it's got a chance in hell of living up to expectations, but just to be able to hear Eddie playing again makes me happy enough!!!!

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:53 am
Viking Kong

MissMisstreater wrote:
I dont think it will be world changing

Eddie has lost it a bit over the years

and Dave is no spring chicken

but it will be new van halen material :D

FUCK YEAH!

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:55 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
i don't care what people wills ay about it...i will get it and i will listen to it and bow down to Ed.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

AussiePGFan wrote:
Guitarp77 wrote:

I don't think it's got a chance in hell of living up to expectations

Sure it does, just realize where the band is at in its career and don't make your expectations unreasonable... We all know Ed's peak guitar playing, happened circa 1981-82 (almost 30 years ago)... Yes his abilities have diminished a bit but he's still EDWARD VAN FUCKING HALEN !!!!!!!!!

8)

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:07 pm
Dr. X

Those are good news!

Time to rock!! \m/

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

According to The Pulse of Radio, a VAN HALEN fan named Doug Lyle posted a report at the Van Halen News Desk web site in which he said that in a chance encounter last weekend, frontman David Lee Roth told him that "You'll be hearing from (VAN HALEN) in the next seven to eight months." Lyle wrote that he met up with Roth on Sunday, September 5 at, of all things, the 145th annual Scottish Gathering & Games in Pleasanton, California, where Roth apparently had a dog competing in the event's sheepdog trials.

Lyle wrote that he recognized Roth by the sound of his voice and that the singer was sporting "a dark goatee" and wearing "a hat, sunglasses, cargo pants, a San Francisco Caledonian Club T-shirt, and what looked like wool socks."

Lyle confirmed that it was Roth when he saw the singer's name on a board listing all the dogs and their owners. He approached the singer, who was friendly, confirmed who he was and posed for a picture (see below).

Recent rumors have indicated that a new VAN HALEN album was in the works, with the band's music publishing company noting in a press release last month that the band is "currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

The new album would be the first with Roth on the mic since 1983 and first full studio effort since 1998's "Van Halen III".

VAN HALEN's 2008 reunion tour with Roth grossed more than $93 million and drew nearly one million fans to 74 shows.

Photo below courtesy of the Van Halen News Desk web site

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:54 pm
God Of The Sun

YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

The Pulse of Radio reports that executives at concert giant Live Nation are looking at 2011 tours from the likes of VAN HALEN to save the live music industry, according to a report in USA Today. Live Nation executive chairman Irving Azoff told analysts on a Monday (October 4) conference call that the concert business will end 2010 with a whimper, with Azoff saying the industry is "still not seeing a consumer recovery" in ticket sales. But Azoff said he was optimistic about next year, specifically mentioning VAN HALEN and FLEETWOOD MAC as two acts that could lift ticket sales out of the doldrums.

Other potential 2011 moneymakers that Azoff mentioned included the cast of "Glee", AVRIL LAVIGNE and CHRISTINA AGUILERA. The latter canceled a tour this past summer because of poor sales.

Other acts that saw a dip in ticket sales this year included the JONAS BROTHERS, AEROSMITH, GOO GOO DOLLS, THE EAGLES and others.

Azoff also said that Live Nation hopes to earn money by selling more items like CDs, DVDs of that night's concert, T-shirts, posters and other memorabilia.

VAN HALEN's 2008 reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth grossed more than $93 million and drew nearly one million fans to 74 shows.

Recent rumors have indicated that a new VAN HALEN album is in the works for a 2011 release. The new album would be the first with Roth on the mic since 1983 and first full studio effort since 1998's "Van Halen III".

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 pm
Godzilla

Acid Wire wrote:
I'm both scared and aroused.

:lol: :lol:

From what I saw posted on Youtube, if the album is like some of the shows on the reunion tour, it should at least be better than VH III.... maybe even outstanding....

In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank [i]us[/i]! ~ Jason Mewes

"I didn't know Night Ranger had this many albums" ~ Veronica Mars

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:25 am
Superhero

Luv eddie, but...... Meh!

old fan since 1986.
see ya

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:38 am
Viking Kong

I'd love to see them live (even though it wouldn't be the same as 30 years ago it would be better than nothing!) and a new album is the best hope of a world tour!!

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
King Of The Monsters

good good good.

now, tour tour tour.

and...

southamerica southamerica southamerica

Image Image

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

seriously, anyone who saw the on that last tour knows that they've still got what it takes to deliver a great show. And if Ed has been writing music like he says he has been, then there is no shortage of material.

sure it won't be VH 1 or Fair Warning or 1984 but for fucksake, at least it will be VAN HALEN!

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next