View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Lita kicks Jim Gillette to the curb..... 
Viking Kong

Post Lita kicks Jim Gillette to the curb.....
LITA FORD PLANS NEXT ALBUM - WITHOUT GRUNTS:
I heard this news below with some surprise. After the monumentally hideous crapfest that was Lita Ford's last album - with husband Jim Gillette largely responsible for the direction and obnoxious sexual overtones and grunting on the album - news now that the pair are getting divorced! Sad news for any family, but at least Lita's next album stands a chance now.

This from Blabbermouth: "'80s hard rock queen Lita Ford revealed during an interview with Frankie DiVita, radio personality for 96.7 KCAL Rocks, that she is presently going through a "really ugly divorce" from her husband of 16 years, ex-Nitro vocalist Jim Gillette. According to Lita, the ordeal has inspired the lyrical themes covered on her forthcoming studio album, "The Healing", which she hopes to release sometime this spring. When asked what kind of topics she is writing about on the new CD, Lita said, "I'm going through a divorce right now, and it's a really ugly divorce, so the album is based around people and their problems — whether it's divorce or whether it's sickness or whether they lost a job. The album is called 'The Healing', and it's all based around those sorts of things — sickness, cancer, loss, divorce... I mean, it's not gonna be depressing album. So far the songs are very upbeat. . . and it is written with encouragement, and I think a lot of people will be able to relate." Lita and Jim are the parents of two sons, 9-year-old Rocco and 13-year-old James. "Wicked Wonderland", the first album in 15 years from Lita Ford, sold around 2,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 31 on the Top Hard Music Albums chart."

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:31 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Lita kicks Jim Gillette to the curb.....
I wonder how Lita Ford ended up with Jim Gilette. That guy's been the frontman of a band that was already totally cheesy in the 80's, and that now looks even worse. First time I listened to Nitro, I couldn't believe it was serious, it had to be some kind of sick joke, but no... the dudes were totally serious, I wonder how the music video of Freight Train hasn't become some sort of viral joke in the style of Rick Rolls or whatever. Anyway, now, I say I "love" Nitro because everytime I hear it I can't stop laughing.

So... as a heavy metal performer, the dude is a total failure, and then he's started working out to become some weird looking tough guy. It's totally impossible to believe the same big guy on a high protein diet was a skinny, blond haired falsetto singing sissy. And even after this transformation, he looks like shit.

I don't know much about Lita Ford, but in my mind she was a more successful and listenable musician, and a pretty girl... how could her taste in men be so bad?

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:03 pm
Viking Kong

to her, Jim Gilette was probably a step up from Chris Holmes........LOL!!!

About the only semi-normal dude she was with was Tony Iommi (but of course he was at least twice her age so you knew that wouldn't work)....

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:41 pm
Viking Kong

Yeah... I heard one of her other boyfriends was Nikki Six of Mötley Crüe. He might be a little better now... but at the time he was on the Mötley Crüe sex drugs and n rock n' roll roller coaster... and that's a tough ride that "Kickstarted" his heart, if you get what I'm referring to. (Betcha do, just giving hints to any readers who aren't familiar with Mötley Crüe's history).

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]