View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Daniele Gottardo Album 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Daniele Gottardo Album
This album is smokin! ...and under 10 bucks. Kind of reminds me of Powers of 10 and makes me want to go out and buy a Bogner.

http://www.amazon.com/Frenzy-Ecstasy-Da ... 736&sr=8-1

Cardiology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glJU4wMFvdk

Insane solo at 1:37

Paul Gilbert Licks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_etcYotOdg

Jazz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WdPuFfh ... re=related

The Simpsons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pi-AVqa1OU

Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:40 am
God Of The Sun

Post Re: Daniele Gottardo Album
Im CERTAIN Pao made a thread on this like a year ago, but i cant find it

I have it, its a very cool album, there are parts i love but also parts im not keen on. To me alot of it sounds like epic end of teh world music which can get stale. Also on gotty blues he plays THE Scott "ed had sex with his girlfriend" Henderson lick :lol:

some beautiful playing tho, i transcribed some of it

and i have a Bogner, its the shit!

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Ha ha ha the Scott Henderson Ed had sex with his girlfriend lick... We are truly guitar nerds.

I was just watching that Henderson video recently. Scott's an amazing player and he really knows his shit but.... damn he had a cheesy tone and vibe going on in that video.

I'm glad to see he went on to Suhr strats, a better tone, and cooler music.

I'm really liking the Gottardo album. Some things aren't done exactly as I would have done them but that's cool that he's got his own thing going.

He's also doing a lot more harmonically interesting stuff than your run of the mill shred guy and he seems to have a really broad range of influences. That bodes well for his future.

Once upon a time I really dug Yngwie but then I realized he was going to superimpose all of his pet harmonic minor runs over every single song.

I read in an interview with Yngwie that he has never heard of John Coltrane. That's just freaking ridiculous. Yngwie's amazing but his arrogance and lack of curiosity insure that he will not evolve. He's stuck in that same gear...a cool one but one that's long since been worn out.

I'm hoping Daniele Gottardo can deliver some cool music and continue to evolve in the future. If we can keep him obscure it will probably help. Otherwise he'll probably start wearing spandex, a bullfighter outfit, and doing karate kicks while playing Eb harmonic minor runs LOL.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Gottardo is the future of guitar. Nuff said.

Oh and yeah I made a thread about it, Levi. The search button isn't workin hmm it's alright, though. People should know more about gottyboy. 8)

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:52 pm
God Of The Sun

Just been commisioned to transcribe a track from the album so i put it on again

my GOD this guy is good!

Id say with confidence that this album is better than erotic cakes

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:57 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Which song are you transcribing and how much do you charge?

I agree about the album being better than Erotic Cakes. Actually, in my opinion, it is much much better. I'd put it right there with Shawn Lane's Powers of Ten.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:20 pm
God Of The Sun

Guitar Sbergo, what a tune!

and costs depend on the song length, complexity, whats required (a single guitar part takes much less time than say an orchestral piece), and even the recording quality sometimes (decyphering harmonies on old 80s records can be quite time consuming)

but it starts at £20 then we go from there

in my experience people dont want to pay more than £10 for a song, so it doesnt usually for out for individuals to get work done, its more companies or groups of friends, or the artists themselves. The minimum i put into any transcription is 4 hours, and i dont work for £2.50 an hour lol

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

yeah that guy is awesome, i don't know how he failed to win guitar idol last year, that cardiology song kicked my ass when i heard it, awesome stuff!

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 pm
God Of The Sun

he did Guitar Sbergo in 2008 and that was even BETTER!!

he should have won twice

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

That's strange, I can't find that thread with the google search. Weird.

Congrats Levi, Guitar Sbrego seems to be a difficult tune to transcribe. If they (jamtrackcentral.com?) rely on you, you should be proud of this! :D

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

its not that bad at all, im also doing some tracks from Kotzen's electric joy record, THAT is hard! hahaha

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

MissMisstreater wrote:
its not that bad at all, im also doing some tracks from Kotzen's electric joy record, THAT is hard! hahaha

I'm happy for you!

Will you transcribe any Bird solo on Cherokee in the future?

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]