View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Portnoy to Tour with A7X 
Viking Kong

Post Re: Portnoy to Tour with A7X
Well like the album or not.....

CONGRATS to A7X for TOPPING the Billboard Charts !!!

FINALLY a metal band takes the #1 spot away from the likes of Eminem, Miley Cyrus or whatever other crap usually sitts atop the pile....

"Nightmare" sold 162,000+ copies in its first week of realease....

NICE!!! 8)

Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:58 pm
Viking Kong

Fucking amazing!

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 pm
Viking Kong

The Pulse of Radio repors that AVENGED SEVENFOLD had a lot to celebrate this past week its new album, "Nightmare", hitting No. 1 — marking the band's highest-charting debut. The success has likely been bittersweet for AVENGED SEVENFOLD, having lost drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan just last December due to an accidental drug overdose. The guys have since tried to pick up the pieces after his death, eventually tapping Mike Portnoy of DREAM THEATER to not only play on the new album, but also tour with the band this year.

AVENGED frontman M. Shadows tells The Pulse of Radio some more about playing with Portnoy. "Mike is so full of life," he said. "He's such a great guy. You know, he's the leader of DREAM THEATER, so I think it's fun for him to get to sit back and, like, you know, he just gets to play the drums and not worry about things and he's having a good time with it. And then it's a new adventure for us and, you know, that's what it's gonna be. It's never gonna be the same and we're not trying to make it the same. We're just trying to do the best we can and Mike's doing a hell of a job and we're really excited about that."

AVENGED SEVENFOLD will co-headline this summer's inaugural Uproar Festival tour with DISTURBED and STONE SOUR, beginning on August 17 in Minneapolis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010Ebs_AqCw&feature=player_embedded

8)

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:17 pm
Godzilla

I was there! It rocked

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:05 pm
Viking Kong

Went to the Uproar Festival a few weeks ago and it turned out to be a great show...

My new favorite band "HaleStorm" opened the show... Then Stone Sour came on and kick all kinds of ass... I've never seen SS live before and am now a big fan...

Then Avenged Sevenfold hit the stage... KILLER SHOW (lots of lights and pyro) but the sound was a HUGE disappointment, and their set was WAY TOO SHORT... Guitars were way too loud and "muddy" and Portnoy's drums were too low in the mix... Could've possibly been the venue, I've always hated the sound at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (used to be called Irvine Meadows for you So Cal old timers) :twisted:

BTW: Portnoy was awesome with A7X and he's super skinny now, he looks very happy too... Haven't seen him play with that kind of enthusiasm in years...

Disturbed came out after A7X and were FRIGGIN BOOOOORING!!! We left 2 songs into their set (as did half of the venue)... It was VERY CLEAR that everyone was there to see A7X...

Hopefully A7X will do their own headlining tour in the Fall/Winter....

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:42 pm
Viking Kong

I wish more drummers would do this......Luv Mikes drum cam footage.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wrnNTydIIA&feature=player_embedded

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2