View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Jason Becker Message board... 
Viking Kong

Post The Jason Becker Message board...
I know there's been a topic about Jason's new website and all, but I wanted to add something a bit off:

I'm browing through Jason's message board, and I must say the fans over there seem to be very very imature.

Instead of being a board to discuss nice stuff about music, song writing, guitar playing, etc, it's become a place for fans who want to go:

"Hi Jason, I'm from blank, I love you, your guitar playing is amazing.

PLEASE SAY HELLO TO ME"

I don't think Jason Becker is the type of person who'd get annoyed by that, but I wish there were some more constructive messages to Jason.

Just a thought,

Matt

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:56 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

"Hi Jason, i'm from Brazil and a really enjoyed this Neo-classical guitar style. I'm 19 years old and a play guitar for a long time. I did some gigs and it was great, like you in highschool playing Black Star, i played Mr Big doing some unusual stuff, like playing with my left inverted. I really want to become a real guitarist and i want to ask if you could give a chance to show my talent."

I don' know about you guys, but I consider that type of attitude rather rude. PLUS, I swear to God this guy copy/pasted this same post at least once in that same place!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Wrong forum man. Jason Becker is music mall. I'm on my way to your house to shove my foot down your throat.

:P

Well, this board is the only best board in the universe. All of the other boards are crap. You'll get death threats over pretty much nothing, insults, fans pretty much saying things like "Mr [insert shred guitarist name], feel free to come down to my house and plow me in the ass! I LOVE YOU!". Let me reassure you: it's not just Jason's board.

The good thing about boards like these, is that it's easier to shine out as a nice guy and good fan... so if you have the courage to dwell long enough among these idiots, you might just get lucky and benefit from cool stuff from the webmasters or even the artists themselves... I think. I wouldn't have the courage to do it though, plus, there's no place I'd rather be on the internet but here.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:38 pm
Viking Kong

A lot of shred kids are like that. "Look at me! I can play Black Star very sloppily! Maybe I'll get famous if I crank to 10 at guitar center!"

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm
Dr. X

I'm sure it must be nice getting more love from fans. I actually like the boards, I go there to see if he's posted anything. There's a shit ton of questions I've always wanted to ask and every now and then someone will ask him a pretty good question.

I do want to see the video of him playing Adagio.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm
Viking Kong

Well, I figured that since this has nothing to do with Jason Becker's music, this should be placed on Offtopic; either way, I'll be waiting for your foot here, Acid; how'd you like some tea? :P

Anyways, I really don't go to any other forums other than this one. I did sign up at the Megadeth Forum last year, but it looked too dark, and unorganized.

Yeah, I noticed there's a lot of people from Brazil on the JB board... they're mostly like the ones Bean described. :? That's why you should hate an undeveloped country! haha

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:40 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]