View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Saw Chickenfoot last night at the Amphitheater 
Viking Kong

Post Saw Chickenfoot last night at the Amphitheater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HxoU7sxIMQ
Horrible audio quality, but it was my camera so...

And I thought they were great. Good fun. It was my first time seeing Satch, Hagar, Anthony, and Smith ever, and on the stage at the same time at that! I really enjoyed Joe's playing, cool bad assed riffs/licks. The drumming that Chad laid down were groovy and in the pocket (he could also go insane at times...). MA's backing vocals and pounding bass were as legendary as I thought they were going to be, and Sammy kept the party goin throughout the entire show. They truly look like they are having a lot of fun, and that's what made their chemistry work.

Queensryche opened for them, but I didn't enjoy it too much (my first time hearing/watching them ever). Too old school for me. After hearing all the praise on the board about them I kind of expected more. The singer did have a great set of pipes though...I'll leave it at that.

This dude called Davy Knowles opened up for the both of them and I thought he was great. Very good guitar playing and soulful singing. He was actually called out on one of the Chickenfoot encores and he battled Satch on guitar with a sweet PRS. He was really good and I enjoyed it a lot.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:47 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I was there as well thanks to Bean. Thanks dude! It was fun. I agree with most of what you said. I was happy to see Sammy, Anthony, and most of all Chad Smith in action for the first time. Still not sold on their songs but man can they rock out and have fun doing it.

Chad destroying his drumset had to be one of the highlights of the night. :)

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Anyone here listen to Toby Redd? They were one of the bands Chad Smith played in before RHCP.

I've probably listened to Toby Redd's first album A To Z like a billion times. It's definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. It was recorded before Chad Smith joined.

Chad Smith played on their second album In The Light. I haven't listened to it near as much.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 am
Viking Kong

First time ever listening to Queensryche?

Someone needs some heavy metal classics lesson! :wink:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:26 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]