View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Machine Head = Whining pussies :( 
Godzilla

Post Machine Head = Whining pussies :(
I was a big Machine Head fan when they first came out, and Burn My Eyes is still one of my favourite all -time metal albums, so I have a soft spot for them, but this is so ridiculous IMO.

Just seen this announcement:

"We regretfully confirm that Machine Head have made the decision to pull out of Sonisphere Festival Knebworth. We have spent close to two weeks talking to Machine Head to try and keep them on the festival including offering them higher billing on the Saturn Stage, so that they would be performing immediately after Limp Bizkit and before NIN.

They would also get a longer time slot and were offered an increase in fee. Unfortunately the band did not find this agreeable. We have strived to make Sonisphere a great festival in our debut year with one of the strongest line ups out there.

Our main priority is to give the fans a great weekend full of awesome bands and it was only recently that Limp Bizkit became available. In the process Machine Head have been upset, and despite our best efforts, they have made the decision to cancel their appearance.
We are obviously very disappointed that they will no longer be a part of the stellar line up at Knebworth on August 1st and 2nd and what promises to be an incredible weekend.

Machine Head will still be appearing at Sonisphere Festivals in Spain (where they have now been moved to a main stage slot), Finland and Sweden. Stay tuned for further band additions at Sonisphere Knebworth in the next week."

Here is their response:

It is with the utmost disappointment that we must announce that Machine Head will not be playing the Sonisphere date at Knebworth in the U.K. on August 2nd.

"In a turn of events that has left us absolutely baffled, the promoter of the U.K. Sonisphere festival recently placed, unbeknownst to us, Limp Bizkit in our 3rd slot on the festival. Seeing as the running order was a significant part of the negotiation and agreement between us and the promoter, and the fact that we had been advertised in that slot since the festival's announcement, you can imagine our surprise when we were "told" that we would now be playing in the 4th slot, under Limp Bizkit, and bizarrely, it was actually expected that we would quietly move down the bill without issue. We will not.

Machine Head turned down the U.K.'s Download Festival, a festival we are very fond of - which incidentally, had us above Limp Bizkit - to commit to the Knebworth festival, as we felt a closer kinship to the bands performing this year. In an effort to make this situation in Knebworth work, we have spent more than a week striving to resolve this issue in a proper manner. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

So we have regrettably been left with no choice but to cancel our appearance rather than stand for the disrespect and indignity offered by a promoter who won't honor our agreement. While we know that our fans will be furious about this situation - as are we, beyond words - we trust that you will all understand our position, and we encourage you to voice your opinion about it as loud and clear as possible.

The rest of our festival dates across Europe, including the other Sonisphere dates, as well as our headline of the Wacken festival remain unchanged.

- Machine Head "

I understand contract breach and all that, but thats just so pathetic, to be whining about a kiddie-lite rap/rock freakshow playing after them.

They obviously think more of their image rather than playing to their fans.

http://uk.sonispherefestival.net/2009/0 ... knebworth/

:roll:

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:17 pm
God Of The Sun

^^which makes Limp Bizkit cooler than Machine Head...

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:02 pm
Viking Kong

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:03 pm
Unt! I move topics!

Not!

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Good job I didn't end up going to Sonisphere then :P Chose Bloodstock instead :)
The lass is going, but only for the Saturday, so isn't affected by it.

But Yeah, Machine Head always go on about how much they love the fans, when in reality they couldn't give a shit. Robb Flynn is a bit of a moron, but some of their music is pretty damn awesome, none of their Nu-Metal garbage though - I never grow tired of seeing Flynn in a jump suit with spiked up little dreds :lol:

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:11 pm
God Of The Sun

PGA1000 Dude wrote:

Not!

But Fred Durst wears a nice cap?!?!

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:45 pm
Viking Kong

Robb Flynn thinks Trivium is AWESOME! Nuff said there! :lol:

But seriously, that's just out of the line.

Offtopic; I'm seeing Machine Head by the end of July! :D

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:18 pm
King Of The Monsters

Machine Head is an awesome band. Their last albums all kick ass...

Image Image

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]