View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ozzy taking Zakk off his band 
God Of The Sun

Post Ozzy taking Zakk off his band
This is terrible

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=123403

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

That's pretty screwed up. If there is a break up I'd hope it goes well. It's kind of weird that Ozzy would tell a interviewer that he was thinking about getting a new guitarist before telling Zakk.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:24 am
God Of The Sun

black rain sounded too much like a BLS record compared to when zakk first joined

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:23 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
good call if you ask me

black rain sounded too much like a BLS record compared to when zakk first joined

zakk wylde is overrated to the max.
i think he learned about wah wah from the Kirk Hammett school.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:13 am
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:09 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

MissMisstreater wrote:
good call if you ask me

I don't think he's overrated. He plays RnR and Metal and is kickass at it.
Just because you have to be a fusiony player to appeal to the guitar-shreddor community these days, doesn't make players from other genres overrated.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 am
Godzilla

MissMisstreater wrote:
good call if you ask me

says the guy with a wah as his avatar :twisted:

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:29 am
Godzilla

IMO Zakk isnt overratted at all, if anything he is underrated. Hes an absolutely AWESOME player, but unfortunatly you cant always see past the dodgy songwriting.

The man can write a riff, no doubt about it, but BLS and Ozzy stuff can all sound the same after a while, and I find it hard to listen carefully enough to hear the guitar.

If you ever heard his Pride & Glory album youll see what he can do.

Theres a lot of amazing stuff on youtube of his playing. Very insiring.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:38 pm
King Of The Monsters

Zakk is an awesome player, but I understand what Ozzy is saying.

BRING JOHNNY 5 IN!!

Image Image

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I don't think it's messed up at all and I really don't think Wylde is overrated. Saying that I'm not a fan of Zakk. But I do understand where Ozzy is coming from.. he's a singer. He doesn't play guitar. Why not try out other guitarists? How long has it been with Zakk..

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

What Ozzy says, if it is true, is understandable, and true. Zakk was completely taking over Ozzy's band... and Ozzy probbably couldn't stand that, so, he's taking him away to, in some way, be back to center of atention.

Zakk is one of the best guitar players alive... sorry, but its true. Listen to his early Pride and Glory stuff... cd's like Book of Shadows, Hangover Music or his early BLS albums... the guy is a SICK guitar player and really commited to his job... pretty much as Paul is.

So stop being assholes and bashing him... because he can kick all of our asses... TOGETHER... and please do no compare him with Kirk Hammet for god's sake... there's no comparisson at ALL to be made...

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I move topics!

Hope Zakk focuses on putting out a killer BLS cd. Ozzy can find lots of other guitar players who may be more technically skilled than Zakk, but if they can't write cool riffs/songs then Ozzy is done. He's already way past his prime as a live performer anyway.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

We might be aware that most stuff Ozzy says is Sharon's thoughts.

BUT I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. A couple of years ago Zakk was indeed out of the band (for about a week) and Ozzy was looking for a new player.

Ozzy got Randy, Lee and Zakk. Why can't he get another awesome player?

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

Hope Zakk focuses on putting out a killer BLS cd. Ozzy can find lots of other guitar players who may be more technically skilled than Zakk, but if they can't write cool riffs/songs then Ozzy is done. He's already way past his prime as a live performer anyway.

Yep, pretty much what I think.
I also think Zakk was catching more attention than Ozzy on the shows... perhaps thats part of the problem for Ozz.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

It's time Ozzy packed it in.....It's more a circus act than a rock gig nowadays.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:42 pm
Viking Kong

Overrated or not, good luck filling Zakk's fucking shoes!!!!

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:29 pm
Viking Kong

On Wednesday, July 29, Carl Sundberg from Eugene, Oregon's 101.5 KFLY radio station conducted a phone interview with Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE). When asked about his status in Ozzy's band and recent reports that Osbourne was auditioning other guitarists for his solo group, Zakk said, "I've gotta be honest with you. The boss [Ozzy] hasn't even given me a phone call, so I mean... I'm just like... I don't know what's going on over there. Are we doing this thing or are we not doing it? When I keep getting asked these questions, I go, 'Call the boss. When he tells you, then he can call me back.' I mean, it's just like... I love you, man. Whatever you want, that's cool. But if we're doing this, let's do it, and let's whoop some ass. But if you don't wanna do it, then just give me a heads-up. Call me, man. Tell me what the hell's going on. I don't know what the hell's going on over there. We're working on the new record, we'll be back in September, we'll work on finishing the record. And then we're supposed to do the tour. I mean, it's like, dude, you don't wanna play with me anymore? Fine. Play with whoever the hell you wanna play with. I couldn't give a rat's ass. Like I'm gonna get all jealous or whatever. But you know what?! Man up and give me a phone call and tell me what the hell's going on. You finished with me? Cool. I mean, it's just like... Everything's sounding like BLACK LABEL? [Referring to Ozzy's claim in a recent interview that his solo albums were beginning to sound like BLACK LABEL SOCIETY due to Wylde's involvement with both projects — Ed.] I guess everything sounded like BLACK LABEL when I first started with you, when I was 19. It was still the same guy; I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Zakk's rambling response — including a 30-second, expletive-filled rant directed at Ozzy (which wasn't transcribed above due to extensive bleeping) — is available for download as an MP3 audio file at this location. It can also be streamed below.

Carl Sundberg's entire interview with Zakk Wylde will air this Sunday, August 2 on "The Edge" on Eugene, Oregon's 101.5 KFLY. You can listen to the program live via the Internet at this location.

Ozzy told Classic Rock magazine in a new interview (stream audio in YouTube clip below) that he's on the lookout for a new guitar player, apparently to replace Wylde. Ozzy appeared late last month as a guest at Slash's headlining concert in Norway, where rumors indicated that he was lining up ROB ZOMBIE guitarist John 5 to take Wylde's spot. Ozzy didn't deny the rumors, saying, "Well, I'm getting a new guitar player as we speak, and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, 'Get Johnny 5!' And I tried him at one time and I didn't really give him a chance. We'll see, I don't know."

As for why he wanted to break away from Wylde, who has played with Ozzy on and off since 1988, Ozzy said, "I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like (Wylde's band) BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?"

Ozzy also indicated that he was auditioning a guitarist from Greece, but declined to give further details.

The former BLACK SABBATH singer has been working on his latest solo album at his home studio in Los Angeles, He said that Wylde had recorded material for the project, but added, "I don't know if I want to use it."

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:31 am
Viking Kong

I know what Zakk feels. That shit can get bogus.

IMO, Zakk is an insane guitar player as well as a very accomplished pianist. If anything, I think some of the crazier stuff he does is over looked because most people can't look past his pentatonic/blues box. Love the dude.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:17 am
Superhero

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next