View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Blue Murder reunion ??? 
Viking Kong

Post Blue Murder reunion ???
:shock: DAMN I sure hope this happens!!!

Eddie Trunk of the "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM announced on his program Friday night (February 9) that a BLUE MURDER comeback consisting of all original bandmembers is being planned and that he is personally involved in putting a reunion concert together. Although Trunk was sure to point out that nothing has been confirmed, the show would likely take place sometime in the fall in New York City. No further details are currently available.

BLUE MURDER was the brainchild of guitar virtuoso John Sykes. Upon Sykes' firing from the most successful version of WHITESNAKE, the former TYGERS OF PAN TANG and THIN LIZZY axeman set out to create a similar sounding bluesy hard rock band. They released three studio albums and one live album before breaking up in 1994. The late Ray Gillen, most famous for singing for BLACK SABBATH and BADLANDS, sang for an early version of BLUE MURDER, and the band reportedly recorded demos with him, but he didn't appear on any of the group's albums.

BLUE MURDER's self-titled debut album (1989) featured Sykes alongside Tony Franklin (bass), Carmine Appice (drums) and Nik Green (keyboards).

*** Correct me if I'm wrong but RAY Gillan never sang for Black Sabbath, that was IAN Gillan... Am I right??? :?

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:48 pm
Superhero

He did sing, but I don't think he recorded anything.

There are bootlegs of him singing with Sabbath out on the bootleg torrent sites. I've seen them, but never downloaded them.

I even heard rumors of some demos being recorded, but can't remember if any have leaked or not.

J.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:51 pm
Viking Kong

From the little info I could find. He joined Black Sabbath in 1986. He didn't last long but he did sing for them.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:16 pm
Superhero

Quote:
Leaving Rondinelli behind and also turning down a lead role in the popular Broadway musical "Cats", Ray joined up with Black Sabbath on tour in support of their "Seventh Star" album. In less than 1 year's time, Ray had cut his teeth on stage at all the major venues in the world, winning the crowd over with his soulful, but powerful voice. When the tour ended, he returned to England with the band to begin work on their next LP, "Eternal Idol" in early 1987. Following a series of defections in the band, Ray decided to leave Black Sabbath and join up with bassist Tony Franklin of The Firm, the legendary drummer Cozy Powell, and ex-Thin Lizzy/Whitesnake guitarist John Sykes in an early incarnation of Blue Murder. Soon after recording a few demos with the band, Ray and Cozy both departed to pursue other projects.

J.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:47 pm
Superhero

http://www.black-sabbath.com/interviews ... story.html

Probably more than you wanted but what the heck. I learned some stuff looking this up. :)

J.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:04 pm
Viking Kong

I have 2 studio albums........I didn't know there was another.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:03 pm
Profile YIM
Motorman

John Sykes is probably the most underrated guitarist in rock IMO.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:52 am
God Of The Sun

I have the Eternal Idol demos & a live concert. Sounds killer. But what did you expect from him?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:53 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Last night I downloaded a Blue Murder demo song titled "It's Too Late". I'd heard that it had Ray Gillen and Cozy Powell on it.

I took one listen to it and went, "Yep. That's Ray Gillen, all right."

It's a little harder for me to distinguish drummers, though.

Anyone else here heard this demo song?

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:51 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

John Sykes is one of the most under - rated guitar players out there today .

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:52 am
Profile YIM
Godzilla

I have a well used cassette copy of the first Blue Murder album and an MP3 of the Blue Murder demo song "It's Too Late", with the late Ray Gillen and the late Cozy Powell.

I saw a CD of Nothing But Trouble in a pawn shop years ago, but didn't get it. Then I decided to get it, went back to that pawn shop, AND IT WAS NO LONGER THERE!

I could punch myself now...

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:51 pm
Motorman

Here's one of my favs! John just totally rips on this one... Guitar tone to DIE FOR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1k81E_1UGI

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]