View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 A truly inspirational night 
King Of The Monsters

Post A truly inspirational night
I went with my little sister to an event at her school.

I got hooked when she told me that a guitar player / songwriter was coming....and that he had NO hands!!. I thought, "how can he play without hands"....

And well, here I am 2 days after my thought, and I was truly amazed by this guy´s talent. He is a Catholic songwriter (that's why went to the school) that has a very religious content on his lyrics.

If you´re not a believer, you can be equally amazed or inspired to see what he does with his feet.

Plus, the message of "never give up" that he gave today made me think about all the whining and complaining that you usually have with yourself, or saying "I can´t do this", "This is to hard", etc...

Today, it was proved that the spirit can break any logical rule. As inspirational to me as Jason Becker. Two guys with tough handicaps, that no matter the odds, still bring a positive message and show us the true meaning of life.

Check him out. He´s not metal/rock or whatever, but it´s really worth giving a look/hear

www.tonymelendez.com

Image Image

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Interesting. I'm not a pretentious person. It's not particularly inspiring to me (then again, perhaps you had the benefit of seeing it in person). It is an astonishing feat (no pun intended) that he can play guitar that way, though. If nothing else, I'm just happy to hear that he was able to turn his unfortunate situation into a positive, and that people find inspiration in that.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:59 am
Viking Kong

I've seen him before... He's the same guy that played for Pope John Paul ll when he came here to Los Angeles years ago....

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]