View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Now it's Slipknot's turn....... 
Viking Kong

Post Now it's Slipknot's turn.......
:roll:

The head of South African police's investigative psychology unit has told The Times web site that rumors of Satanism and music playing a part in Monday's (August 18) deadly attack at the Nic Diederichs technical high school in Krugersdorp, South Africa should not be taken seriously.

Senior Superintendent Gerard Labuschagne was responding to claims that a schoolboy stabbed a fellow student yesterday because "Satan told him to kill the children."

Locals claim the boy was influenced by heavy metal band SLIPKNOT.

But Labuschagne said, "Whenever there is a murder, people jump to conclusions, and always God or Satan told the killers to do it. These notions shouldn't be taken seriously because it is straightforward: someone, of their own free will, can kill another person."

Community leader Pierre Eksteen, who is in charge of a school support network for children, said "Satanic" music was probably the cause of the attack.

"He came here camouflaged as the guy from SLIPKNOT. We know the wrong kind of music and drugs have bad effects. Young people need to be informed of the effects of bad Satanic music," said Eksteen.

The murder suspect has been identified by the News24.com web site as 18-year-old Morné Harmse.

"Watch out! He's lost it!" students shouted as Morné pulled out what looked like a Samurai sword and slashed the neck of Jacques Pretorius, 16.

According to News24.com, students said Harmse was "possessed by the devil" when he began his violent attack at about 7:20.

"Do you want to see something cool?" he apparently said to a girl student moments before he sliced through Pretorius's carotid artery.

Pretorius's best friend, 16-year-old JC Welman, was standing next to him when he was attacked.

"I was still wondering if it wasn't a joke but then I saw the blood bubbling out of his neck," Welman said, in tears, reports News24.com.

Pretorius died on the scene, said Netcare 911 spokesperson Mark Stokoe.

A reliable source said Harmse had brought four masks, similar to those worn by the heavy metal band SLIPKNOT, in his school bag.

Apparently he was also carrying three swords.

The source said one of the masks was white, similar to that of SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison.

Another mask was a clown mask, similar to that of SLIPKNOT percussionist Shawn Crahan, and the third mask was a gasmask as worn by the DJ, Sid Wilson.

During the attack Harmse apparently wore the mask that is similar to the one belonging to the lead singer Corey Taylor.

The suspect is expected to appear in the Krugersdorp Magistrate's Court on Tuesday on charges of murder and attempted murder.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:45 pm
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Posessed by the devil or music my ass. Blame his parents

Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Judas Priest did it...........no, Ozzy dit it.............no, it was Marilyn Manson......maybe it was Slipknot.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:55 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

I blame it on the bad influence of samurais.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:29 pm
Viking Kong

I blame it on the bad influence of samurais.
:lol: :lol:

Smartest quote of the story:
Quote:
But Labuschagne said, "Whenever there is a murder, people jump to conclusions, and always God or Satan told the killers to do it. These notions shouldn't be taken seriously because it is straightforward: someone, of their own free will, can kill another person."

Does South Africa have the death penalty?
Probably not.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:15 pm
Viking Kong

That's horrific. Watching my best friend get slashed across the neck with a katana. :? :? :? :?

Don't know what I'd do.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:04 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)

Well what a horrible story eitherway!

it sounds exacly like the Judas trail...

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

The parents of the South African teenager accused of killing a fellow student with a sword and wounding three others while wearing a mask similar to masks worn by heavy metal band SLIPKNOT have spoken publicly for the first time since the tragedy.

In a statement to the Beeld newspaper, Morné Harmse's mom and dad said, "Firstly, we want to extend our heartfelt sympathy to the Pretorius family. We realise your precious possession has been taken away by our child's deed.

"We are terribly sorry and wish that the circumstances weren't so, and that we could change them.

"Morné is very small and scrawny for his age. Until Monday morning we never thought he was capable of such a thing. We are a very solid family and our children are raised strictly, but with a lot of love.

"Because of Morné's physical build, he was often belittled during his formative years. Where we could, we stood up for him and spoke to the bullies involved, but also accepted it as part of life.

"During a visit with Morné on Tuesday, we saw that we never realised the true impact that the physical and emotional abuse had on him.

"He explained to us that he felt so powerless and worthless that he wanted to make a stand.

"He went to school intending to give 'them' — which was never directed at a specific person — a fright and to hurt them, but he never intended to kill anyone. He wanted to release built-up frustration and his feeling of powerlessness. He wanted to be someone.

"Morné was a very small baby at birth, and through life we knew him as someone quiet who knew his place.

"To our regret, it looks as though Morné experimented with Satanism and that, in his psyche, it offered him a measure of protection. It was as though he could escape into this idea — that he would experience certain powers which would then offer him a protection mechanism.

"His words to us were: 'When I put on the mask, everything became dead quiet and my body moved. I wanted to stop, but couldn't.'

"He also mentioned that the matric final exams had put a lot of pressure on him. Although he never failed a grade, he was terribly afraid he would.

"We suspect a combination of stress, bad self-esteem, wrong influences and an absolute feeling of powerlessness led our child to this terrible deed.

"During our visit (in the cells), Morné was terribly confused and only realised on Tuesday that someone had died. He remembered basically nothing about the incident.

"Two lives have been destroyed by this unfathomable incident.

"We appeal to all parents to have deep conversations with their children to make sure everything is alright. One is inclined to attribute certain personalities to physical development, but that isn't always the case.

"We ask that you please pray for us, the Pretorius family, and everyone who has been affected. We also want to use this opportunity to thank everyone for their support.

"We appeal to people not to judge us. Please grant us the time to pick up the pieces of our lives.

"Thank you."

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:13 pm
Viking Kong

"During our visit (in the cells), Morné was terribly confused and only realised on Tuesday that someone had died. He remembered basically nothing about the incident.
That's what we here in the states call a desperate shot at an insanity plea..........

And a lie.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:32 pm
Viking Kong

This has absolutely nothing to do with Slipknot. An innocent 16-year-old was nearly decapitated by an edged weapon. He died. This is a tragic story. Placing the blame on anyone but the killer is irresponsible. The logical part of me says that the authorities should step in immediately, put the kid in jail, and throw away the key. The part of me possessed by anger says that we should chop the fucker's leg off with a battle ax.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:48 am
Dr. X

It's always kind of mindboggling in a sense, if any of you guys saw the judas priest documentary when those poor kids decided to end their lives with a shotgun, and things like this ....

I mean Judas Priest, and Sliknot.

Heaven forbid what those people would say if someone actually gave them lyrics to some Cannibal Corpse // Six Feet Under song or the likes.

Either way, nothing new under the sun. People flip out all the time, that can't be helped. Doesn't really matter if it's the bible, the satanic bible, marvel comics, slipknot or KC and the sunshine band. You'd have to be pretty much a lost cause to begin with when you start taking advice regarding murder from audivisual fiction. Something had to be broken before that, and what's funny is the people desperately trying to fix it through banning music, literature, or any other art, don't have a goddamned clue about it.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 am
Viking Kong

Now that I think about it, they must not have found any Metal CD's in Jeffery Dahmers apt or that whole thing would've been blown up by the media too...

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:45 pm
Godzilla

Only reason it's being blamed on Slipknot is because it's easier than blaming it on his up bringing or drugs. You don't get pedophiles saying "oh yea I did it because Gary Glitter told me to".

These people do it because they're not right in the head.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]