View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Muse 
BOFH

Post Muse
Guitargirl wrote:
I totally love muse, we should have a topic devoted to Muse exclusively!

And here it is :)

From what I've heard, Muse (who are a UK band) have just started becoming popular in the US. Which is great in my books, because they are a killer band, IMO :D

The new album kicks ass :) As do the old ones, as far as I'm concerned.

Matt Bellamy (Vocals, Guitar, Piano) Is a very talented musician, and he has a good voice too. I heard someone say somewhere that he Isn't particularly impressive on guitar... but I was pretty impressed with some of his work, myself :)

Something I partiularly like about Muse is how there can be a fast paced rock song with some killer guitar and bass riffs in it (listen to Newborn and Hysteria if you can) and then the next song on the album is slow and melodic, with some rather amazing piano work in it (Butterflies and Hurricanes is a very good example... I've put a soundbite here: http://tom.riffpunk.co.uk/space/muse_piano.mp3 )

Some songs for you to check out, if you havn't already...

Time Is Running Out
Hysteria
Plugin Baby
Newborn
Bliss

Any opinions from anyone else? Havn't heard them yet? Seen them live? Don't like them at all? :roll:

Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

I stumbled on Absolution last year and it was one of my faves of the year! I love this band and they are completely unknown in the US. Just bought there older albums Hullaballoo, Origin of Symetry and Showbiz over this weekend. Should be a huge Muse week for me.

Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I move topics!

Post Re: Muse
big tom wrote:
Any opinions from anyone else? Havn't heard them yet? Seen them live? Don't like them at all? :roll:

Don't like them at all. I downloaded a couple of tunes (Hysteria and New Born). Just not my kind of music. Hysteria had a little heaviness to the riffs but the choruses ruined it. I like metal ... real metal. They don't even come close.

Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:05 am
Profile WWW
BOFH

TheSurgeon wrote:
I like metal ... real metal. They don't even come close.

Ah well :)

Check out a UK band called Carcass :wink:

Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Ive heard some of the songs. I listened to Hysteria but didn't think too much of it. I've heard:

Citizen Erased
Dead Star
Time is Running Out
Bliss
Sing for Absolution
Hysteria

Most of them were great. I'll get a CD by them sometime. They're not metal, but not all my tastes revolve around intricate guitar licks.

The #1 Queensryche Source

Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:55 pm
Dr. X

I quite like them. I liked their older stuff(muscle museum, plug in baby, new born) better than the stuff off their new album. I'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks time, at T in the Park.

Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:20 pm
is O.H.B.

i used to really like them. but theres a certain quality in Mat's voice that gets me annoyed after 10 minutes of their music....my ex used to look like mat bellamy :? ...if that means anything :lol: He looked like a cross between Mat Bellamy and Greg K.

I'm famous for this - Image

Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Motorman

Soundboard quality. :)

Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:07 am
Profile WWW
is the Siren's Eye

I've been a huge Muse fan for years. The first song I've ever heard of them was 'Muscle museum'...I had to have this album called 'Showbiz' - a real masterpiece. The played a festival in Switzerland in 2000 and they were just amazing. I like how they play with melancholy and chaos...a very talented band, indeed. Check out 'Origin of symmetry', their second album - it's really worth getting it. They've got the power :wink:

Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:42 pm
Motorman

I'm not a big fan of them. Once you have heard one song you have heard them all. Annoying high voice with vibrato overkill and average riffs.

Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:48 pm
Viking Kong

In order not to create a new topic, I used the saerch button... :wink:

anyways, I'm here to say that I don't comprehend how this band could get THIS famous!

I don't like their songs at all, I don't like the guy's singing, I don't like their style.

A friend of mine, who LOVES them tried to get me into them twice...once 2 years ago, and yesterday...well, I looked for their songs on youtube, listened to 3 or four, and I can' t stand it...there sure are some singers with annoying voices that you end up by liking, just like Dave Mustaine and Zakk Wylde...but Muse's voice is just like a horrible 3 year old singing...

I usually see people on youtube worshiping his guitar playing skills, which are NOTHING...

My opinion goes alongside with Surg's, although I don't like ONLY Metal, I like good quality music...and for me, MUSE is just a band of kids who make high pitched noises...

FELL FREE TO TELL ME "FUCK YOU!", this is just my oppinion! :wink:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:33 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

I LOVE Muse. Matt is one of the most talented piano players/guitar players out there today! I don't really listen to them anymore, but I used to listen to them a lot.

I love Butterflies and Hurricanes. Great song.

Knights of Cydonia (sp?) is freakin epic.

A lot of people love comparing them to Radiohead.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:03 pm
Superhero

and that Choaspad thing he uses is a bunch of shit too.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:04 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
They came to U.S NOW? :O oh my they have been around for a shitload of years now :O

Time is running out
Stockholm Syndrome

Thats my favorite songs, well it gets tiresome in the longterm but hey its cool for the first hour...

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

I don't like most of their songs but i do like "Stockholm Syndrome" and "Invicible". The latter has a very nice tapping (?) solo.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:24 am
Godzilla

Black Holes & Revelations is one of the best albums made in the 21st century so far! I like them a lot because they´re different and they have their own sound. also Bellamys laaaazy vocals do it for me, they´re brilliantly mixed with the HUGE background music.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X

TheSurgeon wrote:
big tom wrote:

Don't like them at all. I downloaded a couple of tunes (Hysteria and New Born). Just not my kind of music. Hysteria had a little heaviness to the riffs but the choruses ruined it. I like metal ... real metal. They don't even come close.

To be honest dude, they aren't calling themselves metal and 'real metal' is entirely subjective. Try Knights of Cydonia and you'll get what i mean. They are a bit like Radiohead on speed in a more accessible poppy structure.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

I don't really like Muse, but I acknowledge their big talent, my only problem is that many of their fans are pose/emo/wannabe biatches, and if you try to point any of their flaws they'll go apeshit.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:39 pm
Superhero

I was in the airport, waiting for my plane, and i went into the newsagents there,

i had a look at Total Guitar, it had the guy from Muse on the front, and said 'The New Eddie Van Halen'

that did it for me.

havnt been interested in a Total Guitar since. i only used to get it for Pauls collumns anyway.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:24 pm
Godzilla

to be honest Bellamy IS one of the most creative guitar players around these days. he´s unique in his own way. and his compositions are way more interesting than many other guitar wizards´.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next