View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 No More Quiet Riot....... 
Viking Kong

Post No More Quiet Riot.......
This note comes from Frankie Banali: "I have been approached to see if I would be interested in contacting Rudy Sarzo and Carlos Cavazo and to audition singers for Quiet Riot.
I have also been approached to see if I would be interested in contacting and re-forming the version of Quiet Riot that included Paul Shortino, Carlos Cavazo and Sean McNabb.
Let me make this very simple and perfectly clear. While I am still actively involved in the business interests of Quiet Riot and will continue in that capacity, I reject any and all suggestions to have Quiet Riot continue as a live performing entity.
My friendship, love and respect for Kevin DuBrow as well as my personal love and affection for Kevin's mother and his family makes it inconceivable for me to ever entertain any ovation to reform or to continue Quiet Riot. Kevin was too important to go on without him. It would also be a disrespect to the fans who have supported Quiet Riot for nearly 25 years.
I thank everyone for the wonderful and sometimes unpredictable adventure that I was able to share as a member of Quiet Riot. The only regret that I have is the loss of Kevin. May he rest in peace.
I now begin life after Quiet Riot.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:04 pm
God Of The Sun

I thought this would have been a given. Kevin WAS Quiet Riot.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I thought this would have been a given. Kevin WAS Quiet Riot.

Except in 1988 when they fired him and had Paul Shortino take over on lead vocals. :roll:

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:39 am
God Of The Sun

Just as with Van Halen & Cherone, Motley Crue & Corabi. That never happened.

JK

I actually like all the above mentioned albums. I just don't consider them as part of those bands' history.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Paul Shortino is one of my favorite singers... The dude just RIPS!!! KILLER scratchy/bluesy-type voice... Just listen to the stuff he did in Rough Cutt...

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:34 pm
Viking Kong

Paul Shortino is one of my favorite singers... The dude just RIPS!!! KILLER scratchy/bluesy-type voice... Just listen to the stuff he did in Rough Cutt...

I got to see Rough Cutt back in 86 when they opened up for Dio. Paul sounded great on vocals and so did Amir Derakh on guitar. I ran into Paul a year or two ago at my local Sam Ash. I think he was touched that I recognized him (and I got a photo taken with him too).

A little trivia, Paul Shortino was also in "This Is Spinal Tap". He played Duke Fame. Unfortunatly for Paul, he couldn't act or improv for shit. I guess they didn't realize that simple fact when they hired him and found out about it on the day of shooting. Lucky for him, Howard Hessman (from "WKRP", and "Head of The Class" fame) was available that very day and came down as a favor to play the newly created role of Duke Fame's "manager" and do all the talking/acting/improving for Paul. So Paul got to stay in the film as Duke Fame, but didn't utter a word. :wink:

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:51 pm
God Of The Sun

I love Rough Cutt ("The Night Cries Out For You" is a killer song). I even liked the band Jailhouse that was formed by the leftover members of Rough Cutt.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:13 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Xelatunes wrote:

I got to see Rough Cutt back in 86 when they opened up for Dio. Paul sounded great on vocals and so did Amir Derakh on guitar. I ran into Paul a year or two ago at my local Sam Ash. I think he was touched that I recognized him (and I got a photo taken with him too).

A little trivia, Paul Shortino was also in "This Is Spinal Tap". He played Duke Fame. Unfortunatly for Paul, he couldn't act or improv for shit. I guess they didn't realize that simple fact when they hired him and found out about it on the day of shooting. Lucky for him, Howard Hessman (from "WKRP", and "Head of The Class" fame) was available that very day and came down as a favor to play the newly created role of Duke Fame's "manager" and do all the talking/acting/improving for Paul. So Paul got to stay in the film as Duke Fame, but didn't utter a word. :wink:

One of my favorite Rock Star cameos. I could watch that movie forever. Even the outtakes are great. There's like 2 1/2 hours of them.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:15 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

It shows respect for Kevin and his legacy.

Hope money doesn´t change this statement in a few years though...

Image Image

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Xelatunes wrote:

I love Rough Cutt ("The Night Cries Out For You" is a killer song). I even liked the band Jailhouse that was formed by the leftover members of Rough Cutt.

They were a killer band... I think "Wants You" was their best album by far... Back in the day my band even covered "Bad Reputation" that song RIPS!!!

8)

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:27 pm
Viking Kong

Xelatunes wrote:

How 'bout a little Amir Derakh trivia??? Many are unfamiliar with Amir who is an amazing guitarist and was slated to get the gig with Ozzy BEFORE Zakk got it but we can all thank "Mama Sharon" for getting Zakk in and Amir out... Not sure why she didn't like Amir... Amir later went from Metalhead Guitargod to Goth-Glam synth-guitarist for the band Orgy who had a HUGE hit with the song "Blue Monday"...

:wink:

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:35 pm
Godzilla

I've been wondering what was going to happen with Quiet Riot...

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:07 pm
God Of The Sun

I've been wondering what was going to happen with Quiet Riot...

Really?

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

I was kind of wondering if they might get back together with Paul Shortino...

Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]