View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 JUDAS PRIEST ~~ "NOSTRADAMUS" 
Dr. X

Post JUDAS PRIEST ~~ "NOSTRADAMUS"
Alright, I got the album today at my local AAFES BX/PX on Kadena Air Base. After two (2) complete listens, here are my initial thoughts. First, in one listen it is impossible to "hear" the entire album. That is why I am writing this after two listens. You have to keep an open mind with this one. Many people will open this up and expect to get the typical Judas Priest album, that is not what they will get. Judas Priest have made a classic Heavy Metal album, and done it solidly with aspects of music that they have not worked with (much at all) at any point in the past. Glenn and K.K. incorperate acoustic guitars MUCH MORE than I think I have ever heard from them before. There is a healthy serving of piano/orchestration in ways Priest has not really ever added to their music. For their first concept album they decide to tell the story of Nostradamus, that is a truly awesome undertaking and really says a lot about courage and belief in themselves as musicians. They really stand behind the music they make. I really like the fact that the musical talents are all there, but, the story and the subject are at the forefront and the musical talents are there to support it all. All in all, this album is really awesome and I do not feel that my $ is wasted on this purchase. Glenn and K.K. shred where it fits, and they play solid rhythms throughout. Rob sings in such a variety of ways, I think this album is in many ways, his best Priest work yet. He displays that classic Priest power scream in places, sings deeper in places, and in other places yet, he sings softer and with raw emotion. The band is solid here, and the album is solid as well. The story is well told and really is an interesting ride. I don't find myself bored at any point in the album. 4 out of 5 possible stars. There is always room to grow and improve, this album is not perfect but it is certainly not very flawed. :twisted:

Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:09 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

yeah yeah that's all good but HOW ARE THE DRUMS???

Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Scott is amazing!!!! They did some really cool and creative things with what he does for the album. A lot of times, his playing really does make the song. He shines!!! :twisted:

Oh yeah, Ian Hill is just as awesome and evil as ever!!!

Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:26 pm
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I move topics!

A. Wrong forum. Judas Priest is considered a Racer X side project because of Scott.

B. There is already a thread discussing this topic.

http://racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=40

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]